e30 tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 tail lights

I’ve owned and looked at many e30s, and I’m looking to buy a 1991 325iC. Well the pictures the owner has up have the earlier style tail lights on it, and I was for certain BMW changed them in 1988, but he claims it’s a 1991 and that the tail lights are original, I don’t doubt him on it since the car has airbags and the taillights are pretty hard to swap. I’m curious if anyone can tell me why this 1991 BMW has the early model tail lights and if my facts are just wrong for the tail lights. I’ve looked around and can’t find much on the tail lights besides that the M3 stuck with the early ones. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Search function is your friend for questions like these...

but in short,
    for the American Market verts got facelifted later than coupes:

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
    ...Convertibles continued the "early-model trend" until 1991 where convertibles produced for the late-1991, 1992, and 1993 years came with the updated late model systems and plastic bumpers. Only convertibles were produced in 1992/1993. The standard e30 coupe/sedan ceased production in 1991...

Comment

So it is a 1991! Good to know because he said the car ran and drive well, so if he lied about the year I was curious as to what else he was lying about...hm. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Leggins325 View Post
        So it is a 1991! Good to know because he said the car ran and drive well, so if he lied about the year I was curious as to what else he was lying about...hm. Thanks!
        Yep, 91 was an interesting year. The first half, you have the verts with older bumpers and tail lights, from July (or could be August) on, you have the facelifted ones. It creates confusion, since most people thinks all 91s are facelifted.....
        Last edited by M_3_X; 11-09-2019, 08:23 PM.
        "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
        -Mario Andretti.

1991 E30 325ic, AW, Black Leather, Black top, Three Pedals.

Comment

Still looking dear?
          Free Online Coupons

Comment

Working...
          X