Looking for a2coupe2a aka the Recaro guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a2coupe2a aka the Recaro guy

I need to replace the diaphragm on my Recaro SR but it seems he has gone missing. Website doesn't work either. Anyone in contact with him?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

You might try "PNW Volkswagen/Audi" on Facebook. I think his name is Ron and some folks in that community may still be able to get ahold of him.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Just found a post stating he closed up shop due to debt and health issues back in 2013. Hopefully, he's okay.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

I used these when I rebuilt mine

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are the wrong ones for the SR seats though. Did you find a way to make them work?
          ?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the seat bases are all the same since the bolt patterns are identical and the side bolsters are interchangeable, but measure yours and send a question to the seller for length.

Comment

I'm more concerned about the different hook style between the straps vs diaphragm.
              Straps:

Diaphragm:

Comment

I actually bent my own hooks since mine were corroded to nothing in some spots. I used 13 gauge pulp wire and bent them with pliers.

Comment

Maybe try these, real Recaro diaphragm. I used them for my ES.

RECARO seat webbing to support seat foam, suitable for many OEM and aftermarket RECARO seats.

Probably the best selection of genuine Recaro parts around, although far from complete.
                  1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
                  Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
                  Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

Found him

Comment

Working...
                    X