DIY - 6 Button to 9/13 Button OBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obc

I wanna do this to my chrome bumper model.... i read somewhere that some sort of relay unit is also needed as well as a control box above the computer box? is this true or just the wiring and obc is needed???? please help

Comment

So if I did this with my '90 325i I could program an ignition code into the OBC correct?
      <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
      unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

bump?
        <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
        unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Does anyone have a PDF file with the fitting instructions for 13 button OBC with pics, I really could use it to print them and do it myself.

nunovcruz@e30.pt

nunovcruz@gmail.com

cheers
          OO==00==OO ---> In E30's We Trust...
          sigpic
          1990 320i Cabby M20B20 / 1985 318i Coupe M10B18

Comment

No one to help me???
            OO==00==OO ---> In E30's We Trust...
            sigpic
            1990 320i Cabby M20B20 / 1985 318i Coupe M10B18

Comment

nice image

Comment

whats the easiest way to get everything disconnected form the hvac pannel and whats holding the pannel in!
                Originally posted by Lof8
                4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                therefore, their value is much greater.
                Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Unearth078 View Post
                  whats the easiest way to get everything disconnected form the hvac pannel and whats holding the pannel in!
                  1. Pull out your hazard switch and the other switches or blanks next to it, there are 2 screw that hold in the top of the panel.
                  2. the sliders in the middle of the HVAC there is a cover that comes off. Pull the 3 plastic square slider caps off and the use a small flat head and the cover will come off easy.
                  3. There are 4 screws under that cover

I think thats it. I just did it 30 minutes ago. Taking it apart that is.
                  Originally posted by Nicademus
                  My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Does anyone have or know where to get instructions for the 13 button OBC? The one I am going to install is in german but I know enough to figure that out.

Comment

Ok so I found the answer http://www.strictlyeta.net/technical/obcfunctions.html or http://www.geocities.com/ebaines/e28_obc.htm

Now I understand that you don't have to run the code box but if you want to how much more wiring is it. I have the donor car so I can take my time removing it.

Comment

I've got a 13 button OBC from a 535i and it has the same part # as the E30 unit, but in the Tech Article by Jordan it says you have to use a unit that's out of the same car, ie: eta unit into "i" car won't work. Anyone know if this is correct? Was hoping to swap the E28 unit into my wife's '88 Seta.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have an extra harness they can send me? I accidently broke my 6 button, but i had a 13 lying around. I just need a harness so it will actually work.

thanks!

Comment

i did the swap but the lightbar is burnt out (DOH!), i got a new lightbar, but i was wondering, if all i have plugged in is the green connector on the back of the cluster, and the temp sensor plug connected, all will still work right?

it seems to work fine, just that its not lighting up, i also noticed that the buttons do not light up.

Comment

I just swapped a 13 button OBC into an '89 325i. I got it all hooked up, but don't understand what the coding box is. I have one green female 3 prong connector that is about the same length as the temperature sensor. Does this plug into the coding box? Is the coding box the feature that disables the car unless you enter a code? Where would that be located?

Also after wrestling with my cluster for an hour I have an inspection light that stays on and my brake lining does not light up with when all the other trouble la
                              lamps do with the key to the on position. The bulb is good, I checked it and swapped it with a known good one.

Would the Inspection cycle reset with a new OBC? I was thinking that might be the reason the light is on, but my green bars are full length.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I am just about done installing the OBC - I have a few wiring questions.

a black plug that seems to be near the fuse block under the hood. It is quite dirty and the prongs are corroded. Maybe it doesn’t plug into anything?

Inside the car - at the OBC are three plugs, one with yellow wire…and then two that plug into each other??? with green, black and yellow wires

Near the ECU there are two plugs, one with two red/white wires and the other with red/white and brown/green.

Please let me know soonest - I want to wrap this up so I can drive the car.

Thank you,

Stuart

Comment

Working...
                                X