No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I see, the problem (if you can call it that) with FN is they are focused on military, LEO sales of rifles and more recently pistols. It’s my opinion that civilian firearms come secondary and are just the low hanging fruit that they will pick up because it’s out there, but not the core of there business.

Glad you like your 509 and the cycling problem seem to be smoothed out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
      From what I see, the problem (if you can call it that) with FN is they are focused on military, LEO sales of rifles and more recently pistols. It’s my opinion that civilian firearms come secondary and are just the low hanging fruit that they will pick up because it’s out there, but not the core of there business.

Thats pretty much it. Those LEO/Military contracts are whats gonna pay the bills and make them the big bucks. Like you said civilian is just the low hanging fruit to bring in some extra cash. Seems the only thing they change on the firearms are legalizing them like full auto semi auto,The rest stays. Makes sense though. Makes it much more cost effective.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Thats pretty much it. Those LEO/Military contracts are whats gonna pay the bills and make them the big bucks. Like you said civilian is just the low hanging fruit to bring in some extra cash. Seems the only thing they change on the firearms are legalizing them like full auto semi auto,The rest stays. Makes sense though. Makes it much more cost effective.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post

Baltimore PD got rid of the FNs quickly.
          Yup, Baltimore County bought the FNS40L in ~2014, had a couple of issues that have become known. Rumor is they are picking up Gen5 Glock 17s now.

Baltimore *City* PD still uses the G22 FWIW.
          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Yup, Baltimore County bought the FNS40L in ~2014, had a couple of issues that have become known. Rumor is they are picking up Gen5 Glock 17s now.

Baltimore *City* PD still uses the G22 FWIW.

Yea Omaha PD uses glock’s too. I think they use 19’s. I’ve always wondered what they use for long guns here.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Just ordered a geissele SSA-E for the pony gun for $156 from PSA. Looking forward to slapping it in and running it through its paces. That’s my only holiday gun purchase this year. Between this and my gray guns trigger in the sig I fear I may be headed down the path of trigger snobbery.

Comment

Just ordered a geissele SSA-E for the pony gun for $156 from PSA. Looking forward to slapping it in and running it through its paces. That’s my only holiday gun purchase this year. Between this and my gray guns trigger in the sig I fear I may be headed down the path of trigger snobbery.
                Good choice and even better price!

I've got the SD-E in my Colt lower. It is a incredible trigger. I put the factory Colt trigger in my pistol lower, and I rarely use that anymore unless it's in the car. (So it never gets used lol.)
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

First post here, and had to start in the gun section!

The G triggers are some of the best. I have a few SSAs in some of my builds and they are worth the money. I wouldn't feel snobish about putting the best parts in your guns though. Quality equipment requires no apologies!
                  Last edited by WidePlate; 02-04-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

An opportunity came up that I couldn't resist, 3-27 pmii high power. Going to get it out for the first time here in the next few days. First thing I've noticed? I'm really impressed by my Vortex Razor

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      An opportunity came up that I couldn't resist, 3-27 pmii high power. Going to get it out for the first time here in the next few days. First thing I've noticed? I'm really impressed by my Vortex Razor
                      Damn dude that is badass
                      -Alex

Comment

Make sure to report back if the S&B is worth the cost difference to the vortex. Nice pickup.

Comment

Can already confidently say I won't be able to. Glass quality is an improvement but nowhere near the 100% cost increase, nor do I have a need for the 9x zoom that gives the wicked field of view. It's a very purpose built scope, which I suspect is why you don't see it in competitive shooting like PRS. Great scope, however would not hesitate to buy the Razor again.

Comment

From what I've seen so far, Vortex is really changing the optics market.

I sold my Eotech XPS2 in a fit of rage after constantly dealing with dead batteries even without use. Replaced it with a Vortex Sparc AR. Only thing I missed was the 1moa dot. I would imagine the Vortex wouldn't take as much abuse as the Eotech, but I'm not worried about abuse when shooting paper or 4 legged creatures. As far as fit, finish, feel, and glass, the Vortex was every bit as good as the Eotech.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

A few years ago I scored a deal on a Ruger Super Blackhawk with 7 1/2" barrel from a co-worker. It was a fun gun, but it was way longer that what I like so I sold it with the intention of replacing it with something more wieldy. I finally sprung for a replacement a few weeks ago and got this 3.75" Super Blackhawk 44mag. Recoil doesn't seem as stout as the longer barrel, but I imagine that is partially due to lower velocities from the abbreviated package. It still tosses one hell of a fireball and is a riot to shoot.

Comment

^nice wheel gun!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X