Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loose brake calipers

I bought my car from a friend and he recently replaced the front brake pads
    Ever since then whenever i hit a slight bump i can hear the calipers rattling around and it sounds terrible. Im pretty new with bmws just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and what i can do to take care of the issue? Thanks

Get under the car, grab hold of the caliper, when its cold, and try to shake it.

If you can, get it looked at by someone who knows what they're doing.

Calipers should'nt rattle, possibly the rock shields or something else, are bent up and hitting something.

Comment

I did that and its definetly the calipers that are moving but the mount to the spindle is tight just were the caliper sits in the cradle is loose.

Comment

There is something not put together right if the caliper is loose, get it looked at.

Unsafe to drive with that kind of issue.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

The caliper bolts to a bracket on the steering knuckle, CK those bolts, The carrier that wraps around the pads bolts to the bracket, CK those bolts.

Anything else rattling might be related to the pads, missing clips or whatever.

Comment

Yes, check the bolts on the carrier. Also, don't drive the car till you get this sorted. Could be VERY dangerous. Sounds like your friend is either very weak, or doesn't own a torque wrench.

Comment

Working...
              X