Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hartge h26 project.....the long road:) Oct 2014 begins:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Paid

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
    Hartge Tax is coming....
    I paid the tax. @2002jm was kind enough to let me have the H26. It's going to stay in Boise.

The car is as described. More importantly...it runs strong! Rev's freely, no smoke, shifts cleanly with very short throws. Very fun. I do think the tach needs to be sync'd. Seems to idle lower than indicated and rev lower than it indicates.

My plans are to continue to sort mechanicals; bushings, brakes, bearings, shocks, seals, electrical, ect. Unless someone talks me out of it I am ceramic coating the headers. They are HOT! Interior refresh. New carpet. Door panel and rear panel repair/refresh. Decide on seat material. If I could find the right center fabric common in Hartge's I would do that. Open to suggestions. Otherwise, black leather with perforated centers.

Currently I have a 72 Tii with the motor out. I need to finish that prior to really digging into the H26. The head and block are assembled and I am finishing throttle body restoration while I wait for my pump and injectors to get back from resto. It's a Euro spec build with 9.5:1 Mahle's on the second overbore. With the head decked it will be close to 10:1.

When the Tii is running I will get serious with the H26 motor but have no plans other than cleaning up what Hartge spec'd. For now, it will just be fun to drive something new. I'll update the thread as I work along but it will be really slow until the Tii is running again. I'm on the 2002faq with the same username but don't post a lot. It's been fun to read through a new forum!!!

Comment

congrats, that was a great looking car. Id just continue this thread and post your updates... we love pictures
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I've heard this car run. It sounds mean as hell. Enjoy it!
        cars beep boop

Comment

New Parts

JM was kind enough to point these out on Ebay. Just need the rears now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8616.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	7198278

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8614.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	7198279

Comment

Nice^^^^^
            I will keep my eyes on rear set.
            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Well guys/gals back at it again:). been working on an h23 tribute car this past year. It is a 1985 323i just like the hartge h26 in the above thread. I had a bunch of hartge parts left over from all the switching around on the h26 and could not pass up a fully painted car with a ton of new parts....if I can figure out how to post pictures, I will put together a continuing thread for the new one. Hope to drive it up to the e30 picnic, in 23, but we will see how that goes. Have already pulled the engine and tranny and rebuilt the engine...more to come soon.

Comment

Hey Adam: I am looking for you:). Need to check out your ecu wiring on the 323i h26.
                thanks,
                john

Comment

Working...
                X