Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

318is build thread...slow, but steady NEW UPDATE!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch!
    At first I was like: =-)

Then I was like: =-(

Best of luck with repairs man..
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

more on how you stitched up that mtech wheel please! nice work so far, best of luck.
      E30 buildy things
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
        more on how you stitched up that mtech wheel please! nice work so far, best of luck.
        its super easy to do...ill look for pictures...

update!
        finally got all the parts needed so i can take it to the body shop...
        a big thanks for hooking me up with good prices on the parts
        ak--bumper and valance
        rede30-ellips
        carguy 101-fan and clutch
        bimmerjon-for the radiator support also delivering it

and a big thanks to robrez-hooked me up with a free hood and us grills!

Comment

Wow, this car has definitely been through a lot of incidents. I am glad to see you are treating it right and not ditching it. What are your plans after the body shop?

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
            Wow, this car has definitely been through a lot of incidents. I am glad to see you are treating it right and not ditching it. What are your plans after the body shop?
            Too much money also it's repairable it's cheaper to repair than to buy a shell or another car

Plans are to get the frame aligned and a new core support welded in. Align the body parts and then my job is to paint fenders and hood and valance and bumper. Hopefully next week I'll have the car running again

at the body shop

Last edited by ///digitalme; 01-05-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

finally got the car back from the body shop!!!
              they did a fantastic job on straightening the frame back to specs, yes i measured it and was spot on!!!
              they also aligned everything but i wasnt satisfied with it so today woke up early and got to work aligning everything to where i was happy enough with it....

when i got it back from the body shop

got to work aligning everything :)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/ooinreverieoo/IMG_20111105_145948.jpg[/IMG
              ][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/ooinreverieoo/IMG_20111105_145952.jpg
              [/IMG]

Comment

tried out about 5 different shades of white so no luck ill be getting some alpine white paint on rattle cans if its expensive ill get some mixed paint and take it to a body shop to get it painted...

Comment

also changed my odo gears since they stopped working

Comment

some more updates, found a white hood at the junk yard :D
                    also did some maintance today, fuel filter, brakes, oil change.etc

Comment

Damn this car has been through a lot! Such dedication to one car. Good job!

Comment

Great work! I think its time i show my Apine 318IS some love

Comment

Awesome. Feels good seeing my old valance there helping out.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

thanks :) just for some odd reason this has been my favorite e30, although its been a pain in the ass...and such a journey...also spent a ton of money and a lot of time, replacing a ton of parts

Comment

You were going forward then started going backwards!!!
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                              1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                              1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                              1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

the car has gone through a lot, but its been my favorite e30, im really dedicated to it..might sell it soon, though....im still deciding...

I haven't updated this and I have done more work to it
                                recently had my clutch changed and swapped the transmission...
                                I had a vibration on and grinding noise when I would press the clutch...
                                drove it like that for about a year
                                to find this

also bought these bad boys they are depos but are awesome

this guy

also fixed my broken seat a few months ago, got free vinyl from my sisters job

also installed these

im still trying to figure out what these are?

under the rear seat by the fuel pump...they are clipped from the po

installed these a few days ago st springs, I had hr sport oe

Comment

Working...
                                X