Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slammin' e28's (terrible investment) e24.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eskimo810 View Post
    The Automaster was a Delorean dealer???

That place is going to have my praise from now on.
    Yup, just shot them an e-mail to see if they had any other records for the car. Would love love love to get a copy of the original bill of sale!

Fingers crossed!
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

...annnd....

I doubt they checked but they said they had nothing on it.

I was kinda hopeful though as we got the original sales receipt on my grandfathers 1955 Oliver tractor from the place he bought it from in 1956.....figured if a farm equipment place kept records like that a dealer would...

Oh well.

Time to try contacting the original owner.....I'd love to see if he had pictures of the car from new.

Comment

Slammin.e28guy I have some euro bumpers if ever needed cheap with valance etc. for early e24 style too.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by downernsp View Post
          Slammin.e28guy I have some euro bumpers if ever needed cheap with valance etc. for early e24 style too.
          Awesome! I'm not really tearing into this car until after The Vintage, but I'll keep you in mind! Thanks!

Comment

best of luck man!

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

Looks good for 13 years sitting. Not bad at all. Paint seems oxidized, but that is an easy fix. I had the choice between an e12 based 6 and an e28 based 6, but got the e28 based due to parts availability. I love the dash on the e12 6. Do you know if your side-loader is LSD?

The beauty is, that body panels, and most interior bits can be had from later 6's. Black is a tough color to find for interior. Most of us have the shit pearl beige. Some sport seats, and you're in business.

Good luck with everything man.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                Looks good for 13 years sitting. Not bad at all. Paint seems oxidized, but that is an easy fix. I had the choice between an e12 based 6 and an e28 based 6, but got the e28 based due to parts availability. I love the dash on the e12 6. Do you know if your side-loader is LSD?

The beauty is, that body panels, and most interior bits can be had from later 6's. Black is a tough color to find for interior. Most of us have the shit pearl beige. Some sport seats, and you're in business.

Good luck with everything man.
                Haha, thanks! Basically this car has sat since I got it. Got the thing running, but it needs a FP. Thankfully they are the same as on my parts e28. Just haven't gotten around to replacing it. Thinking of getting it running/driving and just roll as is for a bit and see how I like the car as a whole.

I hate body work, so that will be put off for a while..... :roll:

Comment

So, I got an ultimatum from the misses.

Sell the e24 or fix it.

Had a guy come over to look at buying it, he looked it over, didn't seem to interested. Before he came over I cleaned the car a bit. Wiped down the interior, etc, etc and realized......this thing isn't that bad. Even my mom likes it. Dad was asking how much it would take to bring it back too. So, looks like I've finally got that little spark to get to it on this car.

The guy who looked at it said he's got an extra windshield, and gave me some pointers on the car, as he just finished restoring on with worse, read, worse rust.

Comment

Keep it. I wish I had an E24 in decent condition to work on. It sure would keep me from getting bored at home after work. lol
                    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                      So, I got an ultimatum from the misses.

Sell the e24 or fix it.

Had a guy come over to look at buying it, he looked it over, didn't seem to interested. Before he came over I cleaned the car a bit. Wiped down the interior, etc, etc and realized......this thing isn't that bad. Even my mom likes it. Dad was asking how much it would take to bring it back too. So, looks like I've finally got that little spark to get to it on this car.

The guy who looked at it said he's got an extra windshield, and gave me some pointers on the car, as he just finished restoring on with worse, read, worse rust.

ULTIMATIUM,

Shut up and make me a sammich, not your car.
                      1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                        ULTIMATIUM,

Shut up and make me a sammich, not your car.
                        I'm going to go home and get this damn thing running tonight...so long as my spare FP is good.

Comment

Warning: if you want to sell the car, by no means should you get it drivable.

Your first extended seat time in a 6er will cause previously unknown forms of passion that will tie you to the vehicle forevar.
                          '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by Komzorz View Post
                            Warning: if you want to sell the car, by no means should you get it drivable.

Your first extended seat time in a 6er will cause previously unknown forms of passion that will tie you to the vehicle forevar.
                            I really can't wait to get this thing roadworthy. Just got my fire back for restoring this thing.

Anywho, I got the thing running tonight. Spare e28 fuel pump did the job.

Just for reference, this fuel cost about $1.07....if that give you any idea how old it is....

Now I've got to get a brake caliper on the rear. I moved it back and forth a little, so it does move under it's own power. Idle is high, about 1200rpm but fuck....it RUNS!

Interior needs to be scrubbed a bit more, but it's coming along.

Comment

keen for progress
                              sigpic
                              Delphin '87 325i Vert

Comment

I liked it better with the foliage in the back seat:(
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Working...
                                X