No announcement yet.

Red46 Sump Armor Skid Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to receiving this one! What hardware will I need to install it?

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Looks good. I'm running a race skids but...

For those of you worried about cooling. Was running no oil cooler for awhile on my turbo car and oil temps were still low... On a cool night they were too low. I wouldn't worry about venting the plate for cooling.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
        Looking forward to receiving this one! What hardware will I need to install it?
        You'll get metric stainless button head allen head bolts with nylock nuts and washers. You'll use your stock steering rack bolts. There is a recess in the steering rack mount that requires a washer as a spacer, which will also be included.

Originally posted by FLG View Post
        Looks good. I'm running a race skids but...

For those of you worried about cooling. Was running no oil cooler for awhile on my turbo car and oil temps were still low... On a cool night they were too low. I wouldn't worry about venting the plate for cooling.
        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

I would be interested in the next run.
          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
            I would be interested in the next run.
            Gonna layout another sheet of them tomorrow. Should have some ready to ship towards the end of next week. Watch this thread, I'll keep it up to date.

Comment

Wow gone already? Could you PM me one you get another M20 one in? Thanks.

Comment

wat ^ he said

Comment

I'll be sure to let everyone know when I have more ready to ship. This next run will only be 5, then I'll have to wait for more material. I just want to remind everyone of what the first post said about price. I still haven't gotten a price for my cost on these. I'm expecting the final price to go up to around 140. I'm trying to keep the cost down as low as possible though, so I'll do my best. I'm not trying to get rich here.
                  That price includes shipping, UPS Ground with tracking.
                  -Ben

Comment

yeah start makin em for m42. ill for sure buy one! bout to be LOW

Comment

Ok then I am waiting for the next plates. I am also interest to buy these plates.
                      Last edited by joyee; 11-21-2012, 08:26 AM.
                      gold coast family rental cars

Comment

Ive got one of Bens originals on my car and havent worried about my oil pan at all. Thing is beefy. I'll try to get pics when Im under the car next
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

want one for my m42. fourth pan and i'm not even that low.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                            Ive got one of Bens originals on my car and havent worried about my oil pan at all. Thing is beefy. I'll try to get pics when Im under the car next
                            Thanks Simon!

Originally posted by jdirty View Post
                            want one for my m42. fourth pan and i'm not even that low.
                            Holy crap! That's an expensive habit!

Comment

I want one
                              sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Great deal on these!

Have you thought about making the mounting bolts through the front subframe? On my skid that's where I have them (through two holes that are already there, which I slightly bored out to allow me to use BIG bolts). Might provide a bit of additional structural support and also makes that "S" bend at the back end unnecessary (so you could possibly make them cheaper).

Here's a pic of my setup for rallycross. You can see the bolts on the left, with some small spacers between the skid and the subframe (which I've since removed).

Anyhow, just an idea to make it easier to make, and to allow for some more stout bolts that, if broken somehow, won't screw up the PS rack as well (in theory).

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                                Track/street e21 build
                                visit Condor Speed Shop
                                visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Working...
                                X