This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    I wouldn't be too happy. We've got a puppet currently in office, with another celebrity-in-chief (O'Leary) running for CPC leadership at which time the masses will come out and vote for a face they've seen on TV because change.
    cale! you're almost a libertarian. keep up the good thoughts!

welcome to the club, eh?
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

LOL @ FBI director Comey. He gets to eat this turd sandwich for four years. Maybe he will just blow his brains out instead.

How many of you guys cried about Obama playing golf? I imagine it is in the threads around here somewhere.
      sigpic
      Gun control means using both hands
      Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
        LOL @ FBI director Comey. He gets to eat this turd sandwich for four years. Maybe he will just blow his brains out instead.

How many of you guys cried about Obama playing golf? I imagine it is in the threads around here somewhere.
        I know for a fact that George, the guy right above your post, took a jab at Obama's golfing just a matter of days ago. I'm too lazy to find the post but I know for fact it's there. These freaks of nature are utterly brainwashed by Fox News and Conservative talk radio. I guarantee Hannity and Limbaugh laugh themselves to sleep every night because of how stupid their listeners are.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
          I know for a fact that George, the guy right above your post, took a jab at Obama's golfing just a matter of days ago. I'm too lazy to find the post but I know for fact it's there. These freaks of nature are utterly brainwashed by Fox News and Conservative talk radio. I guarantee Hannity and Limbaugh laugh themselves to sleep every night because of how stupid their listeners are.
          how about a vintage post from lyin george

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
          the point was its less than tactful when so many people cannot find a job and the messiah and his wife throw white house parties, he's playing golf every other day, and michelle needs 30 fucking rooms at a 5 star hotel.
          its like buying a new car for your neighbor to see when he's just lost his/her job.

it would be different if the pres and his wife actually showed they care. it would be different if the pres actually did something to help the economy. it would be different if the pres actually listened to the people and didn't ram legislation over their objections.

who thought that obama would actually make us miss bush?

let them eat cake

Comment

FBI confirms probe of possible collusion between Trump campaign, Russia

FBI director testifies about wiretap claims, investigation of Trump campaign.

FBI Director James Comey said Monday that there was "no information" that President Donald Trump was wiretapped by President Barack Obama during the 2016 presidential election. The director, testifying before a House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, also said that the agency was probing whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. The US intelligence community has suggested that Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee during the election to embarrass Trump's presidential rival, Hillary Clinton.

"I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counter-intelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts. As with any counter-intelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed," Comey said.

Moments later, in response to a question about Trump's claims on Twitter earlier this month that he was wiretapped by Obama during the election, Comey responded: "The department has no information that supports those tweets."

On March 4, in a surprise tweet, Trump claimed: "How low has President Obama gone to tapp [sic] my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!" The president later followed up with other tweets saying the same thing.

Comey and Mike Rogers, the National Security Agency director, both testified that there was no evidence that Russian hacking intruded into US voting machines to change the outcome of the presidential election

Adam Schiff, an Intelligence Committee member and Democrat from California, said that "if the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it aided or abetted the Russians, it would not only be a serious crime, it would also represent one of the most shocking betrayals of democracy in history." He said that the hack into the Democratic National Committee was used "to help Donald Trump and harm Hillary Clinton."

Comment

If you search Obama and golf, show posts you see quite the long list of the usual suspects crying about Obama. Fags.
              sigpic
              Gun control means using both hands
              Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                you've called me a delusional piece of shit for disagreeing with you.

agent: this right here is what i was talking about.
                What he said was:

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                Being a piece of shit is not mutually exclusive to civilians. Get my drift?
                That's toeing the line of name-calling, but it wasn't blatant.

This guy, however, just got two weeks:

Whatever beta male cuckservative snowflake. Go find a safe place.
                If you search Obama and golf, show posts you see quite the long list of the usual suspects crying about Obama. Fags.

Two points I'll make:
                1. As far as my enforcement of the rules here, saying "if you think _____ then you're a _____" is different than saying "you're a _____." The former gets you on my radar; the latter is a blatant rules violation and gets you a timeout.
                2. I have formally requested that this subforum be shut down. As I've said already, there is exactly ZERO productive or informative discourse happening in here. Although in light of the current situation at R3V HQ, it may be a while.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Not that I can stop myself from posting here, I don't think shutting it down would be a bad idea at all. The rancor is huge in here, and likely I am a contributing member of it.
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

pretty sure this sub was created to contain the politics posts out of OT

close it down if you want but its not like people arent going to talk about politics in OT if it goes away

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

close it down if you want but its not like people arent going to talk about politics in OT if it goes away
                      True, but they can just delete threads in there without any issues. I don't have an issue receiving personal attacks, but the rules are the rules. They could modify the rules in here but since its a public part of the forum, I understand them not wanting to broadcast that some assholes in here have interweb fist fights on an hourly basis.
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                        cale! you're almost a libertarian. keep up the good thoughts!

welcome to the club, eh?
                        I wouldn't adopt that title, primarily because of the ideas pushed by those within parties who adopt that particular branch of politics. If it were practiced in its true form then probably, however that's never the case with any party.

Sad to see this sub forum potentially on the chopping block, I know I've crossed the line a few times over the years. Hopefully it sticks around, maybe more timeouts.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                          What he said was:

That's toeing the line of name-calling, but it wasn't blatant.

This guy, however, just got two weeks:

Two points I'll make:
                          1. As far as my enforcement of the rules here, saying "if you think _____ then you're a _____" is different than saying "you're a _____." The former gets you on my radar; the latter is a blatant rules violation and gets you a timeout.
                          2. I have formally requested that this subforum be shut down. As I've said already, there is exactly ZERO productive or informative discourse happening in here. Although in light of the current situation at R3V HQ, it may be a while.
                          This is an overreaction. I don't know why you would request to shut down this subforum when it's not in your authority to do so. I also don't understand why you would as you are the moderator, a volunteer position, and you conceivably wanted that position and had some sort of connection to this place at one time. Why not just resign if you don't like it? If Criv wants to delete this sub he can use his dictatorial powers to do so but the discussion will just end up back in the off topic forum.

This subforum is simply a representation of the political climate in this country which is certainly toxic. I think it's important to have a place like this to blow off steam. Better here than in the workplace or at the dinner table or on the streets with fists and guns like they do in other countries.

It's better that this place stays.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

On this we are in agreement.

I think all of "regulars" have stepped over the line a time or two. Its the nature of the topics this sub forum was created to house so no one accidentally stepped in to a thread and got their feelers hurt with out express intent to seek out those types of threads.

It has gotten a bit more divisive since the election and run up to it, and I think some of us need to accept that others are not going to change their minds and accept that people are different. I am as guilty of not doing as everyone else from time to time, I think we all have a good idea where most of each other stand on most things, though the debates are healthy and for the most part have remained civil, other than this dammed trump thread.

My 2 cents (which means squat) is this trump thread gets locked and relegated to the annuls of the archive and we start anew where the PERSONAL BULL SHIT is left at the door (myself included) and keep the civility higher and hostility a bit more toned back, like adults. But then again look at congress.................. when we have them for role models...
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                              Although in light of the current situation at R3V HQ, it may be a while.
                              if it makes you feel any better, i was a mod at e30tech, and at least there *is* a R3V HQ in operation.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

we're like decentralized or something - bit torrent for car forums. :p
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X