Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel and Tire Size Help

Im getting desperate, hopefully someone can chime in:

91 325is on Eibach springs. Wheels are going to be 17x8 ET15. Im leaning towards 215/40R17 tires. Will these rub? If not, can I go 225/40R17?

Thanks for any useful guidance :devil:

Did you know we have an entire thread dedicated to these exact questions? It's true!

It's the sticky one that says ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE in big bold letters, right at the top of this very subforum.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      Did you know we have an entire thread dedicated to these exact questions? It's true!

It's the sticky one that says ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE in big bold letters, right at the top of this very subforum.
      I figured someone would point this out. I posted on that sticky on the Aug 1st and another on Aug 22nd and got no responses. Then again a lot of people are posting so I cant blame anyone if my post got buried.

So thats when I started this thread. Im about to buy tires and have no clue if it will rub. I can see the rears should be fine. The fronts are what Im worried about

Comment

Originally posted by z168 View Post
        I figured someone would point this out. I posted on that sticky on the Aug 1st and another on Aug 22nd and got no responses. Then again a lot of people are posting so I cant blame anyone if my post got buried.

So thats when I started this thread. Im about to buy tires and have no clue if it will rub. I can see the rears should be fine. The fronts are what Im worried about
        Forum police are after us all! I've tried the same in the sticky. good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by James_1991 View Post
          Forum police are after us all! I've tried the same in the sticky. good luck!
          Thanks bud! I pressed the "f@ck it" button - I guess I'll find out how it turns out.

Im going with 215/40R17

Comment

Just to update:
            So I went with 205/40/17s. ET15 on an 8" wheel will poke out of the front fenders. No rubbing

Thanks uturn for the PM re my question

Comment

Working...
            X