Non ix carpet in an ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non ix carpet in an ix

Anyone done this? My rallyx carpet was cut up for rust repair and unfortunately not cut around the heater core. I'm curious to see how much of a difference the transfercase bump makes.

Also, its for a race car, I don't care that much about fitment. But it has to fit, obviously.
    AWD > RWD

I think it will fit for the most part, it just might get weird around the transmission tunnel.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The transfer case bump may not let it fit correctly. That is why there is a bend on the seat adjuster on the IX models.

Comment

It fits fine. Today I swapped out my old OEM carpet for a used one from a 318. The 318 has a nicer weave to it and it was much lighter and easier to fit,perhaps it was from a later model? I recommend this weave if you can get it.
        Unless you remove the heater box, you'll have to trim your replacement to fit correctly, but nobody will see it.
        '89 325ix
        '88 M6 Royal Blue
        '13 128i "M-Sport"
        '04 ZHP Mystic Blue-SOLD
        '02 E46 330xi-SOLD
        '89 325i Laachssilber metallic-SOLD
        '89 325i Bronzit-SOLD

Comment

Thanks for the input.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Good to know, I'm also about to swap non-iX carpet in mine tomorrow. Didn't realize the carpet has different pn for iX when I bought it. Nevertheless, as finding a decent carpet (on sale) from any E30 model isn't easy, finding decent iX one will be very hard.
            Last edited by muuris; 10-02-2017, 12:53 AM.
            1986 325iX
            2006 530xd

Comment

Here is rwd 2d facelift carpet in prefacelift iX. I added quite a bit of sound deadening on tranny/tc tunnel under the factory carpet, which makes it worse. Doesn't fit 100% right between gas pedal and front seat, but it's not very noticeable compared to original. Too bad I didn't take a pic before fitting the seat..
              Attached Files
              1986 325iX
              2006 530xd

Comment

Working...
              X