FS: 1988 BMW 535is - 5-speed - Alpine/Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1988 BMW 535is - 5-speed - Alpine/Pacific

Sorta off topic, but if anyone here is looking for a solid example of a 535is, this is a nice one!

-----

Posting this ad for a friend of mine, who has been the owner of it for about three years, and has decided to part ways with it.

1988 BMW 535is - true DC74 car with 5-speed manual
    Alpinweiss over Pazifikblau leder sport interior
    288k on working odometer
    Healthy M30B34 - donor G260/6 from another 535is with 193k - 3.25 LSD
    Virtually 100% stock, aside from the wheels
    Daily driver!
    Clean Oregon title in hand!

$4,800 USD, or best serious, cash, in person, offer. Seriously interested parties are welcomed to PM with inquiries.

Please find the rest of the pictures in the album located here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4ZWrMZ

My friend, Morgan, has upgraded to an E46 touring and no longer has room to keep this 535is, so we offer it for sale today.

Engine/trans:

Stock M30B34. Runs great and has good power. Burns around half a quart, every 3,000 miles or so. Donor Getrag 260/6 out of another 535is to replace the high mileage unit that was in this car. Shifts fantastically with new shift bushings. 3.25 limited-slip unit locks up as it should and makes no funny noises. Recent alternator and battery replacement.

Exterior:

While this 535is cleans up nicely and is shiny, it has been used as a daily driver for its 29 years of service. It does have the typical wear of an (almost) thirty-year-old daily driver - rock chips on the front and various small dings. The areas most noticeable are a couple dings on the front of the hood, and a dent on right rear door. All panels are original to the car with their respective VIN tags, except for the hood, which shows no VIN tag. The front spoiler is present and with working fog lights, but the paint is rough. The heckspoiler is present and with the rubber in good condition. Morgan fitted this car with an amplified Z3 antenna, which fits nicely and works well. The only other modification done to this car are the wheels - 16x8 et20 BBS RZ in a nice brilliant silver finish. Michelin Pilot Sport tires are in good, useable condition, with 60% life left. There is a small rust bubble on the right hand side of the windshield, underneath the windshield.

Interior:

The Pacific Blue interior is in good condition with no rips or tears, though, the leather is a little faded and cracked (*not torn*) from being used as a daily driver. There is a seam on the driver seat that has come loose and will need to be attended to at some point. Dash is cracked, as per usual. Even the power headrests work (cables will need to be lengthened to work properly). Stock BMW stereo head unit and speakers.

This car will come with a replacement front windshield, as a rear window. Additionally, it will come with a few Mahle oil filters and a box of miscellaneous spare parts. Please note that the permanent, disabled veteran plates will not go with this vehicle and will be removed at the time of sale.

Thanks for looking!

Please find the pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4ZWrMZ
    Last edited by e30austin; 10-20-2017, 11:19 AM.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Those E28s are sexy as fuck, airbagged and slammed on their nuts....
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

How rare / hard to find are the euro bumpers / grille / lights for these?

That car looks really good as originally designed.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        How rare / hard to find are the euro bumpers / grille / lights for these?

That car looks really good as originally designed.
        It isn't hard to find them, you can even buy almost all the pieces new from the dealer. I've always had a soft spot for them in their stock form.

Comment

I want this so bad....but i shouldnt :(
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Yes...yes, you should, Brad!

Comment

Sexy e28! Love it! Good post up Austin.
              F80 M3 Alpine
              E10 Fjord Blue 2002
              E28 Blackish 535i
              E21 Silver 320i
              Disco1 98 4.6
              ~~~~~~
              E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
              E30 325i SOLD
              E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
              E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
              sigpic

Comment

Bump! The owner is leaving for deployment next week and would love to sell this before then!

Comment

The want for this is bad. GLWS!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    Bump! The owner is leaving for deployment next week and would love to sell this before then!
                    will he take $threefiddy?
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Again, Cool shit always comes available when I'm dead dick broke.
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Small price drop bump.

Comment

was this car a WA state car before by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by JZM3 View Post
                            was this car a WA state car before by chance?
                            Yes, John, it was. Morgan picked it up out of Vancouver, WA in 2014. Not sure where it lived before then.

Comment

Last bump before we pull all for sale threads and send it to bring a trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X