No announcement yet.

The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/XWpTjUk0nb4 we have seen the lap at Nurburgring here is the press release.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Mein - 911T

Last edited by CurrusDei; 10-24-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

niiiice pic!.....wow

I want this

I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

718 GTS

Has anyone heard one of these in the wild? Turbo flat 4? I think I'd take less power for the sound and the smoothness of the 6.

Click image for larger version

Name:	718 GTS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	7193228

Comment

Matt Farah did a one take with one, I think it was a Boxster. Sounded awful. I don't care how great the power band is. It has no soul.

Comment

Is it similar to a newer Subaru then?

I'd imagine you could make some improvements via exhaust/intake, but I think the N/A growl my 996 made with the gundo exhaust hack was exquisite :)

Attached Files
              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Hey the old 912s were 4 bangers and sounded great. Turbo 4 is more tune-friendly.

"Soul" is a very subjective concept - lot of Porsche guys would say anything water cooled has no soul (I'm not one of them, but they're out there). It comes down to the driving experience in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by CurrusDei View Post
                  Hey the old 912s were 4 bangers and sounded great. Turbo 4 is more tune-friendly.

"Soul" is a very subjective concept - lot of Porsche guys would say anything water cooled has no soul (I'm not one of them, but they're out there). It comes down to the driving experience in the end.
                  Just think about 25-30 years from now when everyone is talking about how 2017 Porsche's had so much soul, and their modern Porsche's have none.
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

"I just hate the motor whine of my new 2047 357 Electric! The whine of the 2035's was so much nicer! Ahh, those were the days..."

Now, I'm in the water-cooled or nothing (!) camp, but I like new ones too, and new technologies. There is something unmistakable / undeniable about the flat 6 sound, the growl, the harmonic induction howl at WOT. I can hear one coming a mile away and I stop what I'm doing to see where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                      Now, I'm in the water-cooled or nothing (!) camp, but I like new ones too
                      Wait the new ones are water cooled. Did you mean air cooled? Air cooled ran up through the 993s in 1998. Water cooled is 996 to present

Comment

Oop...my brain is backcwrsd, sorry! AIR! OIL!

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                          "I just hate the motor whine of my new 2047 357 Electric! The whine of the 2035's was so much nicer! Ahh, those were the days..."
                          I shed a tear reading this :(
                          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                              Update:

I've been searching for 993's now, thanks to this picture

Wanna trade for an S54 M coupe?;D
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

My 997.2 is an absolute joy to drive. It's like the "Mouse Trap" ride at the amusement park...you know, the one where your about 1,000 feet above the ground, in a small tight little chassis, rolling on a slight downhill with some speed, going straight to the edge of the earth about to plunge into the cotton candy vendor below, when all of a sudden the car turns in a violently nimble jerk and you're on to your next flirtation with death. Oh, and you love every second of the rides--on rails. That's how my 997.2 rides. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X