Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 OBD2 Swap help!

Hello,
    Im currently swapping a M52B28 into my E30 316...
    Ive got an E36 328 harnsess and a siemens ms41.1 that got an
    EWS cancel and I have a few question...

1. Do I have to cancel sap on the ecu or I just can block it?
    2. Ive rad that I need to cancel fuel tank sensor and muffler flap valve, what they are excatly doing?
    3. Its recommended to delete PCV or just delete CCV with a catch can?
    4. How do I delete ASC or I dont have one?
    and last one is Do I have to put an o2 sensor after the exshaut manifold?

thanks for helping, its my fisrt swap:)

Noam

1. No. But if it originally had sap, it will throw fault code. This is only problem if your country requires obd2 testing.
    2. No again. But if it originally had those, it will throw fault code.
    3. I wouldn't recommend deleting it. It will keep all the unwanted smells in closed system and it's maintenance free. Catch can isn't.
    4. No need for that.

For last one, it's not mandatory. But the engine will probably run much better with o2 sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
      1. No. But if it originally had sap, it will throw fault code. This is only problem if your country requires obd2 testing.
      2. No again. But if it originally had those, it will throw fault code.
      3. I wouldn't recommend deleting it. It will keep all the unwanted smells in closed system and it's maintenance free. Catch can isn't.
      4. No need for that.

For last one, it's not mandatory. But the engine will probably run much better with o2 sensors.
      Thank you for the fast answer!

On the headers Ive got 2 O2 sensors, if im adding another one where to locate it and to where I need to wire it?
      I got with the engine a new set of e36 motor mounts, can I use them or I need to got the e28 m5 ones?
      Last edited by noam.a.; 10-18-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noam.a. View Post
        Thank you for the fast answer!

On the headers Ive got 2 O2 sensors, if im adding another one where to locate it and to where I need to wire it?
        I got with the engine a new set of e36 motor mounts, can I use them or I need to got the e28 m5 ones?
        I thought you meant those. Just keep the stock o2 sensors on the headers and it will be fine.

e36 mounts are too big to fit e30. I normally use e34 m50 motor mounts because those are cheaper and lot easier to get than e28 m5 ones.

Comment

I am going to try these on my next swap:

Has anyone tried these, looks like a good price.

Comment

Well if you are like me and don't like the car feeling like vibrator, then those aren't very good option (or any product made from very stiff material).

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
              Well if you are like me and don't like the car feeling like vibrator, then those aren't very good option (or any product made from very stiff material).
              I only have solid engine mounts and it feels like Pazi describes. With solid transmission mounts, it'll be even worse.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I got into another problem...
                What DSSR I need to order if my setup is a M52 (from an E39 if it matters)
                with a ZF Trans?

Comment

Working...
                X