Reputable Machine Shops near Annapolis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broken88 View Post
    After further inspection, my oem flywheel is in fact damaged. And a new unit (or replacement) will be needed. So no machine shop needed in the meantime. Thanks everyone for your help.
    What is damaged on your stock flywheel?
    Thats kind of rare.
    Jimmy P.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
    98 318Ti Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

So I am taking my flywheel to get resurfaced today after work and I noticed the reference pin is damaged, but still there. Not sure how this happened. Was

I may just go the aluminum flywheel route.
      sigpic

Comment

I just saw your thread and pics on S14.net. Yeah thats hurt
        Honestly the JB aluminum one is a really nice piece. I have them on 3 of my S14s.
        A lightweight flywheel is one of the largest bang for the buck, most noticeable improvements you can do to an S14.
        Lightweight Flywheel, Alpha N setup of some kind, lower rear gear suffices to change the car in a dramatic way.
        The next steps to get anywhere near the performance increase of any of those 3 mods get exponentially more expensive.
        Jimmy P.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
        92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
        98 318Ti Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

I honestly wanted to keep the car as close to stock as possible. My only plans for it were lightweight flywheel, exhaust, and possibly suspension. I am not a huge fan of the oem wheels, but I feel like with the right tires, they can look decent. I have a set of staggered BBS Style 19s (17x9 rears and 17x8 fronts) and I am not sure I want to even put bigger wheels on it yet.

First thing is first is getting the engine back and together. The car has sat since 2006 and I have owned it since May. It's just sitting and killing me haha.
          sigpic

Comment

Now that the internals were damaged. I have some internal work done as well.

I did read that the JB aluminum flywheel only recommends using an oem clutch. I have a sachs performance clutch for the car. So not sure how that will affect anything.
            sigpic

Comment

Sach Performance clutch will be fine as long as it's not a multi puck style.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

This is my JB Racing aluminum flywheel. They have zero warranty as well. I would not recommend them. It happened on start up one day. I could not find a reason for it, I disassembled everything.

RHD Engineering has a chromoly steel flywheel that is guaranteed for life.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                X