This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoEm0 View Post
    Awesome write up. I am going to start looking for the stuff needed. Just a few quick questions.

a. where is the module located in the e36?
    b. where did you stash it when you finished installing in the e30?
    c. can the module control 2 windows and the sunroof? If so what else would need to be done to make the sunroof one work too?
    the E36 is located under the dash behind the glove box, but i didn't use the E36 module since it doesn't really control everything, i think most just express the driver side both ways, the best thing would be to buy a module like the one i have in the pictures, made by AutoLoc i think, not that expensive anyways.

and they all fit under the ebrake console right behind the center console, also you need a module for each window and one for the sunroof
    Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
    1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

wow this is awesome. sticky this now

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

You can also use the e38/39 switchs - the leads you need to cut are much easier to get to and the switches themselves look much better IMHO

PS: I believe this is the unit he is using:

Last edited by MaksV; 07-19-2011, 01:41 PM.
        CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
        For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

nice work! thank you.
          sigpic

Comment

What are they waiting to make this post a sticky? Thanks for updating pics with arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              Sticky... now
              Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
              wow this is awesome. sticky this now
              Originally posted by svn2002s View Post
              What are they waiting to make this post a sticky? Thanks for updating pics with arrows.
              :D

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
              You can also use the e38/39 switchs - the leads you need to cut are much easier to get to and the switches themselves look much better IMHO

PS: I believe this is the unit he is using:

http://www.amazon.com/AutoLoc-WC1000...1107952&sr=8-1

i'll give them a try once i get my hands on a set, i just happened to have the E36 ones from the M3 i'm parting out. and yes thats the module, Thanks for the link.

1990 M3
              1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

Ygpm.
                CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
                  Ygpm.
                  good stuff, Thanks

1990 M3
                  1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

Dude...this is unreal.

I have been futzing around with my E36 switches for a LONG time, never even thought about modding the switch!

You, my man, are brilliant!

That is basically the same module I use, but I get mine from directly the manufacturer, Scytek (the US distributor some Taiwanese company), but theirs also has an "auto vent" if it hits 100 degrees in the car...very solid and reliable unit IMO.

Great job, man!

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      Dude...this is unreal.

I have been futzing around with my E36 switches for a LONG time, never even thought about modding the switch!

You, my man, are brilliant!

That is basically the same module I use, but I get mine from directly the manufacturer, Scytek (the US distributor some Taiwanese company), but theirs also has an "auto vent" if it hits 100 degrees in the car...very solid and reliable unit IMO.

Great job, man!
                      Thanks and i'm glad i can help, this forum saved my ass so many times and this is the least i could do, too bad i never document my work, but from now and on i'll document it and share it with you guys.

ps i've seen your work around here, pretty impressive stuff you make

Yanal

1990 M3
                      1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

Nice work!

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Wicked :) Will have to do this one day when $$$ and time allows

Comment

that is incredible post up!! hey luke, link to the auto tilt feature? is there ones that have lower temp props?

Comment

Yanal,
                              Oddly enough, I have never seen the link to the window modules on Scytek.net...but they should be there, right? They are the only alarm I would ever consider using these days, personally. But their window modules don't seem to be on their site. They make two modules, a two-window and a four-window. The two-window module will control one window up and down; the four-window will control two windows up and down, but does not have separate activation wires for each side.

I will be installing your mod in my car very soon. I currently use E36 small green base switches and SPDT relays in conjunction with those window modules, and I'm looking forward to doing your mod...as soon as I get another car (since I wrecked this one).

Luke

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Luke,
                                Sorry about your E30, hopefully you'll get your hands on another one pretty soon, life sucks without them I know, also you don't need extra relays, use the ones that are already on the board like I did, and non of the one touch window module came with extra wires, you have to solder these yourself, shoot me a picture of the front and the back of the board and I'll tell you exactly where to solder these wires.

Yanal

1990 M3
                                1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

Working...
                                X