No announcement yet.

Hankook R-S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might have to give these a try. Running DOT-Rs is fun but the noise and harshness is pretty grating after a while. I like the 225/45, should fit nicely on my 15x7.5's.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Going to have to grab a set for the slick top when I get new wheels in a month or two

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I wish they would make them in 225/45/16 :(

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
          I wish they would make them in 225/45/16 :(
          Agreed. I'd keep my BBS RKs if they did.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Any e30 reviews of these yet??
            sigpic
            1991 318is S52
            1987 325i Vert
            1991 325i
            2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I have a set in 225/45/17 that I'll be lapping with this summer.

I've also changed platforms though, so may be hard to tell how the tire feels given it's a new car altogether...
              Forgive me, I used to race a Honda.

Comment

Early users are saying they grip almost as well as RE71R and Rival S 1.5, but last quite a bit longer. That bodes well, I suspect these tires will be a real winner.

Still over here waiting on someone to post a 15x9 or 15x10 that doesn't require a massive spacer to fit.

Comment

I've got a set of 225/45/15's on my 318is on Konig Hypergram 15x8.5 et25. Have to use a 12mm spacer up front to clear the strut but they fit on the rear with no spacer. I've only got 1 autocross on the tires and it was barely 50 and the tires only had about 100 miles on them so I doubt they were showing completely what they could do. I was impressed on the short time I ran on them though. Unfortunately I don't have experience with any of the recent 200 TW tires on this car, the last set of tires I autocrossed this car on were ancient Starspecs (first gen) and RE-11's.

Comment

Originally posted by e30if View Post
                    I've got a set of 225/45/15's on my 318is on Konig Hypergram 15x8.5 et25. Have to use a 12mm spacer up front to clear the strut but they fit on the rear with no spacer. I've only got 1 autocross on the tires and it was barely 50 and the tires only had about 100 miles on them so I doubt they were showing completely what they could do. I was impressed on the short time I ran on them though. Unfortunately I don't have experience with any of the recent 200 TW tires on this car, the last set of tires I autocrossed this car on were ancient Starspecs (first gen) and RE-11's.
                    I'm considering running the exact same wheel/tire setup this summer. Are you on stock struts or coilovers? Would love to see some pics too, if you have them.
                    1989 325is w/M52 swap
                    1989 320i coupe, mostly stock

Comment

I run R-S3s on my Cayman S and LOVE them. Only negative is that they ride super rough before they warm up but that's not a big deal. Wonder if the R-S4 will outperform the RE-71R?

re71r and rs4 are close enough in lap time that its just up to the preference of tire feeling; if you are looking for something to run more laps then a NT01 will still be better; slower lap time though by about a second

Advan ad08R will be slower but more forgiving at the limit

both Nt01 and re71 last about 11-12 events for me; same car same setup
                      RS4 I will use later; ran rs2 and rs3 and still prefer the breakaway of the bridgestones better

cost between NT01, re71r, rs4 are close enough that if you want to get more money out of your track sessions (i.e. go for it entire session); you might as well just go Nt01 unless classing for competition restricts the TW

I actually was pondering using RE71R for a 100TW class because its ultimate one lap time will be 1-1.5 seconds than a Nitto Nt01 or Maxxis RC1 (both 100TW). Some friends are doing it with good results. RE71R is actually fantastic in the rain if at full tread; you can run them to the cords like a Nt01
                      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        You might feel quicker turn in response with the smaller wallz
                        Not so fast...you might want to stick with the 45's based on the rim size.

Remember, side wall flex plays a part in slip angle along with chassis weight and balance. short side walls don't flex much and don't allow for as much roll over, which to a point, is a good thing.

Based on what you say you are going to do, go with the 45's.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun K View Post
                          I'm considering running the exact same wheel/tire setup this summer. Are you on stock struts or coilovers? Would love to see some pics too, if you have them.
                          I'm running Bilstein Sports with Ireland Engineering Stage 3 springs, and Treehouse racing CAB's. I had to cut a slot into the wheel well plastic at the front to keep the tires from rubbing and I did a slight roll on all the fenders, no rubbing issues that I've found afterwards. I don't have a ton of pictures but this should give you at least a basic idea. Also if anyone is curious the Massive sport brake kit fits in these wheels.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like e30if.
                          Last edited by e30if; 05-03-2017, 09:36 AM. Reason: Images borked for preview

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                            re71r and rs4 are close enough in lap time that its just up to the preference of tire feeling; if you are looking for something to run more laps then a NT01 will still be better; slower lap time though by about a second

Advan ad08R will be slower but more forgiving at the limit

both Nt01 and re71 last about 11-12 events for me; same car same setup
                            RS4 I will use later; ran rs2 and rs3 and still prefer the breakaway of the bridgestones better

cost between NT01, re71r, rs4 are close enough that if you want to get more money out of your track sessions (i.e. go for it entire session); you might as well just go Nt01 unless classing for competition restricts the TW

I actually was pondering using RE71R for a 100TW class because its ultimate one lap time will be 1-1.5 seconds than a Nitto Nt01 or Maxxis RC1 (both 100TW). Some friends are doing it with good results. RE71R is actually fantastic in the rain if at full tread; you can run them to the cords like a Nt01
                            I'm just gonna do the RS-4s. Ordering them this weekend.

Comment

I'm just gonna do the RS-4s. Ordering them this weekend.

They are good. Very good

If you have never hit the limit of a nt01 or re71 then you'll feel the rs4 is amazing.
                              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I would guess I've never hit the limit of my RS-3's so I think the RS-4 will be plenty of tire for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X