e30 Mechanic Referral - Westside LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Mechanic Referral - Westside LA

Venice resident here. I'm looking for a reputable e30 mechanic for any needs beyond my wrenching abilities. Preferably near the Venice, Culver, Mar Vista area. I had a buddy refer Castro Motorsport in N Hollywood. A bit far, but willing to make the trip for a good mechanic.

While I'm here, any Westsiders have a good recco for tire shops? Have a refurbished set of BBS RS's that need tires, not scratches.
    1988 325is
    1978 r80/7
    2000 528i

Originally posted by KoolHead View Post
    Venice resident here. I'm looking for a reputable e30 mechanic for any needs beyond my wrenching abilities. Preferably near the Venice, Culver, Mar Vista area. I had a buddy refer Castro Motorsport in N Hollywood. A bit far, but willing to make the trip for a good mechanic.

While I'm here, any Westsiders have a good recco for tire shops? Have a refurbished set of BBS RS's that need tires, not scratches.

Specialties: NOTE - We are open 1-2 Saturdays a month, and STRONGLY recommend a prior appointment. Precision Motors is most recognized for the successful repair of complex issues on modern BMW's. We have helped countless customers that have been to numerous shops and dealers with no avail. Track preparations, engine work, electrical, engine diagnosing, programming, or just a simple pre-purchase inspection are just some areas we can also help you with. We will be happy to help you with your BMW, Mini Cooper, AUDI, VW, Land Rover, and any other European vehicle. We have now started accepting Vintage, Classic and Customer cars as well. Our goal is to always see you leave with a smile :) NOTE - We are open 1-2 Saturdays a month, and STRONGLY recommend a prior appointment. Established in 2014. BMW Mini Motors open in Aug. of 2014.
    06' Black Cayman S

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Silver Landcruiser

Comment

Castro's is worth the drive, I live in Valencia, and that is where I go if I don't have time for DIY. Their labor rates are really low too.

Comment

If you're looking for a shop, hit up JMP autoworkerz in Reseda or the fore mentioned Castro Motor sport in North Hollywood. If you want an independent person, you can look up Kev. He worked for JMP for years and lives in south L.A., does great work out of his house. Works for BMW and can handle just about anything e30 related.

PM me and I'll give you his personal info, if you want it.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I used Crown in Westwood north of Olympic, West of Sepulveda.
          274 reviews and 27 photos of CROWN AUTO SERVICE "I have been taking my car to Fernando for several years now. The service is to be commended. The estimates are free and my car is Always ready within a day or two. I have been given rides home by his employees when needed and little fix its on my car are always thrown in FREE of charge. I have also referred several other people to Crown, all of which have been extremely satisfied and continue taking their cars to him. I was told once that one out of five mechanics are trust worthy and I'm pleased to say I found the one!!!! There a little lacking in the electronics department so if it's an electrical problem I recommend going somewhere else."

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I went to GT International over in West LA, they came as a recommendation when I couldn't get into the M Shop on the east side.

Specialties: GT International Motors specializes in BMW models from the mid 1990s and newer. We perform routine services, brake work, etc. Visit us today! Established in 1976. We have been in business for 35 years and have extensive knowledge on BMWs.

I had them inspect my suspension after hitting a pot hole. The owner was friendly enough and didn't gouge me when the found out I only had a few loose nuts.
            89 325i Vert

Comment

I live in Culver City and take my car to JMP
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Do yourself a favor and call for pricing.

I asked about a e30 timing belt years ago and I was quoted almost $1000.00

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Older thread, but just want to chime in that I take my car from west LA out to JMP every time!

edit: Also had my suspension installed at Castro, no problems whatsoever, but I prefer the vibe at JMP (whatever that means)
                  91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

I'm being raped of my spare time rn because of work so my E30 is headed to JMP on flat-bed tomorrow morning.
                    Couldn't recommend Jerrick enough, real stand-up guy. Super nice and extremely reasonable.

Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

South Bay Independent in Gardena on 182nd and Vermont. They are E30 owners and have been working on them since new.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        South Bay Independent in Gardena on 182nd and Vermont. They are E30 owners and have been working on them since new.
                        I had a bad experience there. Had to go back twice to get everything resolved.
                        sigpic

Comment

Any of these places do rust repair? I'm looking at buying an e28 but saw this and now I'm scared...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Send a message to s1uma1 He just had some rust repaired on his E30
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Send a message to s1uma1 He just had some rust repaired on his E30
                              Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X