Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hella dome light is junk (made in romania)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hella dome light is junk (made in romania)

New production made in Romania HELLA dome lights are total garbage. And they are not even cheap. The plastic switch arms brake within one year. It even broke from just sitting and it turned on the light and drained my battery.

Too bad there are no other brands that you can buy.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by DesertBMW; 08-31-2017, 05:08 PM. Reason: video added

Buy an original or two on eBay .

Comment

Originally posted by 1843lamp View Post
      Buy an original or two on eBay .

They are all Hella made in Romania.

Comment

Had the exact same problem. Battery started draining on my Touring and eventually realized is was the new Hella light. I like new parts, but this may be a case of used being better.
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

I have the same thing happen to me with a new Hella or BMW (made by hella) part. Only two options because old used ones will have the plastic be yellow. You can buy it from a reputable show and keep doing a warrant replace, I believe BMW dealer gives you 2 years. I have had it replaced like this before. Or, you keep / buy a used one, and pop out the black lever clip and add it to the new one. This is what I did last time. The material lasts long.
          Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
          BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

I had the same thing happen just last month, black switch piece broke off - fail

Comment

Bought most recent replacement from FCP Euro - lifetime warranty.
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

Saw this after I bought a pair and installed them... I'll see what happens, but they looked pretty similar to the original ones I took out. Luckily I rarely move the switches so hopefully it won't be an issue.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                  Saw this after I bought a pair and installed them... I'll see what happens, but they looked pretty similar to the original ones I took out. Luckily I rarely move the switches so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Just bought a new pair myself :/ before seeing this post... they’re already being shipped here so I guess I’ll have to install and see how long they last me [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it helps, mine are totally fine. Granted I don't use the switches much, but I'm not concerned.
                    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                      If it helps, mine are totally fine. Granted I don't use the switches much, but I'm not concerned.

That’s good to hear! I installed mine about a week ago, I don’t use my switches to much either so hopefully they hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X