Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone into New Mini Coopers?

Recently picked up an R53 and I'm really enjoying it:

BRG/Black Panther Leather, 6 speed manual, bugg brakes, 17% pulley, Konis and Camber plates.

Anyone else into new minis? classic Mini thread here
    Last edited by Julien; 08-31-2017, 02:33 PM.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

I have a R53. Its 271 at the wheels, bunch of mods. Its been a good car for me but i take ok care of it.
    Mines DS/Black no sun roof.

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

updated thread title
        Build Threads:
        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

R53 minis are awesome, I've had two with typical bolt on mods. By far the best driving car (cornering) I've ever had.

Comment

Picked up my R56 a few months ago. 6 speed turbo. Surprisingly fast. Love it! I find the large center speedo utterly useless and the engine compartment is really tight making it a bitch to work on. You can drive the thing like a real animal though, and it keeps up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
            └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Wow those seats look totally unsupportive for an Mini-S
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                the engine compartment is really tight making it a bitch to work on.

Basically you need to remove the front end to get the car into "service mode".
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  Basically you need to remove the front end to get the car into "service mode".

And the front fender wheel lining needs to come out for a lot of procedures.

Comment

Assuming it's still all stock from the looks. If you do mod it, the first should be rear sway bar. it changes the car dramatically, and if you get the right bar (adjustable) you can remove all understeer and even get some oversteer.

Comment

Originally posted by mjimport View Post
                      Assuming it's still all stock from the looks. If you do mod it, the first should be rear sway bar. it changes the car dramatically, and if you get the right bar (adjustable) you can remove all understeer and even get some oversteer.
                      I did front camber plates and have loved the different driving dynamic with the extra -1 degree of camber.

In regards to servicing the car, I've done a clutch and a water pump on mine. Nothing is crazy hard just a little time consuming.
                      Last edited by Julien; 09-04-2017, 09:15 PM.
                      Build Threads:

Comment

^Sorry, I was referring to Alemans R56, my bad for not specifying. You certainly have a great start for mods, must be a blast on the curvies!

Also, if you like the supercharger sound, a cold air intake will really wake it up. IMO the M7 is the best option, but I got lucky and got one barely used for cheap.

Comment

Got a roof decal as the sun was bothering me on long drives

Build Threads:

Comment

My brother in law and sister in law bought a brand new mini cooper last year or year before. 2015 or 2016 model. I was all excited until they told me it was a 5 door, diesel, and automatic.

I had a drive the other week, pretty fun to drive for what it is. Feels very small to get into, but once you are in the near vertical windscreen makes for good visibility and feels like a medium sized car. I suppose it has 17" wheels, so it is a medium sized car...

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                              Got a roof decal as the sun was bothering me on long drives

I too found that I baked without a proper sun blocking sunroof shade. The ac was not super effective either, so I bought this:

They work GREAT! Mini Mania shades.

My R56 is all stock except for a K&N air filter that gives the turbo a nice pssh sound between gears.

Comment

Working...
                              X