My car is missing the battery vent and mounting bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car is missing the battery vent and mounting bracket

I have a 91 318is. I finally got around to bolting my battery down since the car has been sitting. I purchased a new battery last year and the clamp that holds it down is too far away. Realoem shows a spacer that I may need? I probably bought the wrong battery from the dumbasses at autozone.

Also there is no vent tube or overflow thing below the battery. Do I need to order the overflow bottle or should i just run the vent tube down to the grommet in the sheet metal?

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
    Also there is no vent tube or overflow thing below the battery. Do I need to order the overflow bottle or should i just run the vent tube down to the grommet in the sheet metal?
    I just ran my vent tube into the grommet in the metal
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

My project thread in the early pages has this topic figured out. Issue is that the stock collector at the time was NLA. I had to buy it used on eBay. You should use a vent and collector to prevent battery acid vapors. This can lead to rust underneath the battery.
      Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
      BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Working...
      X