Modifying old car phones for bluetooth pairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying old car phones for bluetooth pairing

Hey all - I randomly came across a really old thread on a different board of a guy who essentially gutted his old school car phone module and hooked it up so that it paired with bluetooth.

A few things before the obvious questions come:
    • We all know it's illegal to drive and talk, so this is more for novelty or to have a passenger pick up if you want
    • With pre-existing wiring I'm sure it'd be easy to tap a power source so that it would at least light up but not necessarily function
    • Would installing a bluetooth module and piping it through the headset to ring and act as speaker/microphone be particularly difficult? I assume soldering would be involved.

Thanks for any insight you techies out there. Determined to try and figure out a way to make this happen.

At it's most simplistic I guess you get a bluetooth handsfree headset and extend some wires to fit in the correct places and arrange a permanent charge.

The next stage, making the buttons etc work is a whole lot more challenging and it's all ultimately pointless.

Modifying an old headunit to allow bluetooth music on the other hand would be a great project!

Comment

Working...
    X