No announcement yet.

Mechanic Expensive Misdiagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And wasn't the original oral agreement to fix the car's initial problem based on the shop's presumed professional diagnosis and repair?

The owner didn't agree to an open ended restoration or maintenance schedule, just a specific problem to be fixed.

Comment

sorry about the deal

Man that sucks. The thing about having some mechanical knowledge is you know when someone is shining you on, so when you reach the end of that knowledge you are as lost as the others, only you get a suspicion that they are wrong.

I have had a few of those myself.

Comment

Is anyone else just wondering how he came to that conclusion?

Did he even test for spark in the first place? His original diagnoses means there wouldn't have been spark. Or did it not have spark, but now it does? If so then I guess he got part of it. Something doesn't add up. That's a pretty odd part to just throw at it.

Anywho, no starts are usually first diagnosed by checking for spark, fuel, then compression. At least in my book. I'd like to know what his method of diagnosis was in the first place.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
        X