E30 runs RICH AS HELL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lennon View Post
    How did the cap break? I would be interested to know what happens when you pull all the injectors out, hooked to the rail with fuel pressure. The same as StereoInstaller mentioned.

edit: also, in my opinion, any adjustments you make to that AFM are just moving in the wrong direction. i would want a known, unmolested AFM, preferably straight from a well-running car.
    When I was replacing the O-rings the cap broke in my hands.
    I returned the fuel pressure gauge already, but none of my injectors are leaking and I jumped the fuel pump.

And yeah, I guess Bosch adjusted it just perfect. Thankfully I marked the spot so I can return my AFM back to normal.

Originally posted by lennon View Post
    I just read this. If you didn't have problems prior to doing that work, re-check everything a few times. Check that you wired the C191/injectors correctly, and those injectors sound questionable at best.
    The only thing I feel that I would have gotten wrong on rewiring the C191 is the coolant temp sensor and temp sender wiring, because they're both the same color wire.. I will double check though.

I realized that when I'm engine braking, lets say from 5500rpm, I can hear immense exhaust backfiring, On my stock exhaust!!, like it's pretty wild and continuous. It's really cool and all, but I can tell my motor is just running awful.

I'm getting the TPS tomorrow and see what code I'm pulling...I think I'm going to pick up a coolant temp sensor at Guten as well.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Comment

YA, THATS UNBURNT FUEL IN THE EXHAUST SUCKA!

I dont mean that in a rude way. I love you

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
        YA, THATS UNBURNT FUEL IN THE EXHAUST SUCKA!

I dont mean that in a rude way. I love you
        Originally posted by TSI
        OEM+

Comment

Sorry, im gonna get banned now aren't I :(

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
            Sorry, im gonna get banned now aren't I :(
            Yes, I have reported you. Prepare your anus for bannage.
            Originally posted by TSI
            OEM+

Comment

how does the car idle?

my car is idling like its cammed and i smell pure fuel out of my exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by distorto View Post
                how does the car idle?

my car is idling like its cammed and i smell pure fuel out of my exhaust.
                My car does exactly the same. I come home Early from school so I'm going to double and triple check everything
                Originally posted by TSI
                OEM+

Comment

I got the TPS today and installed it. My idle seemed to have improved, but it still smells like poop and I can tell it's running rich still. I got the stomp test to work and it seems like I'm pulling a 1211, which is a DME error. But I don't see how, as when I put my old 153 DME I still get check engine lights.

Arghhhhhhhhh !
                  Originally posted by TSI
                  OEM+

Comment

If your coolant temp sensor isn't hooked up right, it will idle and run really rich.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                      If your coolant temp sensor isn't hooked up right, it will idle and run really rich.
                      It appears to be hooked up correctly, and the resistance reads proper as well.

Ok so after driving around with the new TPS and adjusting my AFM back to normal, I can say there was a good difference. Idle is improved, still a little bit shaky, but certainly improved. I can't exhaust backfire if I wanted to anymore, My OBC now reads 15.1mpg instead of the 10.6MPG I was originally getting. When I'm idling though, it drops pretty quick. Overall I feel that I'm actually making progress, and I hope this will all normal out soon.
                      One thing I have noticed however, is that when I pull the O2 sensor connection out, there is a noticable negative difference in the engine's behavior.
                      When I pull the main relay (which are related to the O2 sensor right?), there is NO difference in the engine's behavior.
                      Check this baby out

Now, I am recieving voltage from the connections. The wires are noticably burned, but I am getting voltage. Could this be my problem?
                      Last edited by lolcantturn; 04-15-2011, 01:42 PM.
                      Originally posted by TSI
                      OEM+

Comment

Bamp
                        Originally posted by TSI
                        OEM+

Comment

Did you ever try swapping out your afm?
                          971-295-7077

91' 318i

Comment

Originally posted by Blackangusinc View Post
                            Did you ever try swapping out your afm?
                            Unfortunately there are zero E30 enthusiasts where I am located so I can try their AFM.
                            Originally posted by TSI
                            OEM+

Comment

Well today I traveled 210ish miles. According to the all accurate OBC, I'm doing 18mpg city and 19 highway, but some calculations later and I managed to conclude that I was getting 20 average all together, including standing still on I-95 north for LITERALLY an hour and a half. Much better than I expected. Still not where I think it should be I think.

I can tell it still smells a bit rich. I'm going to get an emissions test tomorrow and see how I do.
                              Originally posted by TSI
                              OEM+

Comment

I'm glad the fuel economy is improving, how is the overall response and performance? Nice and crisp? I generally dont care so much about my fuel economy as long as my engine is pulling strong and the response is sharp.

Comment

Working...
                                X