This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
    Yes, I can make an M54 adapter harness for the 535i. That would be an awesome choice for that car!

Take the whole cooling system with rad & expansion tank too, & gearbox if its manual. For most everything else use the E34 M50 stuff as you probably already know, and of course get the E38 728i oil pickup tube (the correct one for your engine build date).
    Oh god, I see a e34 touring in my future
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Masterchoans1 View Post
      Email sent. Let me know if you got it, I sent it through the forum, before i saw your post.
      Yeah, I got it. I sent a reply to your email.
      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Yes, I can make an M54 adapter harness for the 535i. That would be an awesome choice for that car!

Take the whole cooling system with rad & expansion tank too, & gearbox if its manual. For most everything else use the E34 M50 stuff as you probably already know, and of course get the E38 728i oil pickup tube (the correct one for your engine build date).
        That's fantastic, thank you! I don't have an engine but I will be in touch soon. Is there any specific engine or DME that I should look for (besides giving preference to a ZHP engine)?

I need to start studying up. This is great news...
        1973 Bavaria

Comment

If you choose a ZHP engine then you'll need to have an MS43 DME tuned for it because I don't make harnesses for the MS45 DME. It's not so important which BMW Series the engine came from, but I recommend using a E46 or Z3 harness depending where you want to mount the DME. I don't have the part number for the 12-pin E39 X6011 connector so if you got a harness from an E39 I'd have to label those wires for you.

Comment

I've decided to begin offering the under-hood diagnostic port for the E36, for S54, M54, and M52TU. It will allow diagnosis of body control modules such as ABS. It will come complete with bracket & cap, and will be integrated with the adapter harness. Add $250 for this option.

I can sell it separately to those who have previously purchased an E36 adapter harness, but there will be wiring to do. If you want it I will include instructions.
            Last edited by Andrew325is; 02-06-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I've decided to begin offering the under-hood diagnostic port for the E36, for S54, M54, and M52TU. It will allow diagnosis of body control modules such as ABS. It will come complete with bracket & cap, and will be integrated with the adapter harness. Add $250 for this option.

I can sell it separately to those who have previously purchased an E36 adapter harness, but there will be wiring to do. If you want it I will include instructions.

Can this be added for existing customer cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I need a harness for a 6/93 m50tub25 from a 325ic into an 87 325is.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GG///M3 View Post
                  Can this be added for existing customer cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yes, it can.

Comment

I've been told the power wire for the fuel pump relay (the one with the fuse) isn't long enough to reach the B+ junction (at least on an E36) and the red power cable isn't long enough either. I now make the fuel pump relay power wire much longer with the new style fuse holder, and I'll be making the red power cable longer as well from now on. If you find yours aren't long enough you can cut the ring terminal off and crimp a butt terminal on to connect to another wire. For the fuel pump relay wire use 12 or 14 gauge wire. For the power cable use 10 gauge wire. Use heat-shrink terminals so they're sealed up good. I can send you a new red power cable instead if you'd like. Just let me know.

Alternatively you can connect them to a small battery junction block like this one, then connect it to the B+ junction with a battery cable like this one. They come in various lengths. That's the easiest solution.
                    Last edited by Andrew325is; 02-16-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I've became aware of a potential issue with using the E34 M50 oil level sensor on S54, M54, and M52TU engines, so I recommend not installing that. So from now on I am omitting that connector on S54, M54, and M52TU adapter harnesses for E30 and E28 that have check control. The engine's original thermal oil level sensor should remain installed. The thermal oil level sensor includes an oil temperature sensor that the DME uses to monitor oil temperature. According to BMW, "The engine oil temperature is required for VANOS activation. It provides a more accurate indication of the engine temperature than the engine coolant temperature." So without the thermal oil level sensor installed VANOS may not function properly.

The adapters for older engines such as S50 will still include the E34 M50 oil level sensor connector if your model has check control.
                      Okay, this appears to be mostly a false alarm. According to BMW's WDS, the M52TU and M54 have a dedicated oil temperature sensor (located on the oil filter housing) that the DME uses for monitoring oil temp for VANOS activation. So M52TU and M54 adapter harnesses will still include the E34 M50 oil level sensor connector if your vehicle has check control.

Only the S54 uses the thermal oil level sensor for oil temp data, but I haven't been able to confirm whether or not the DME uses that data for VANOS activation.

Comment

S54 subs oil for coolant, seen this when logging. Never seen Ill effects when tuning of it doing this. Vanos still works. Potentially some background stuff going on im not aware of but again motors still make great power when running like this.

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                        Full Product Line Tuning
                        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Does the dual sensor from the s52 send the correct signal back to the mss54? Just about have my swap complete into my e36 but want the temp gauge to work and sadly I forgot about it until now.

Comment

Originally posted by cheades View Post
                            Does the dual sensor from the s52 send the correct signal back to the mss54? Just about have my swap complete into my e36 but want the temp gauge to work and sadly I forgot about it until now.
                            I don't know 100% if it does, but I'm pretty sure it does because some M54s have the dual sensor and some M54s have the the single sensor that's installed on the S54, both with MS43. I doubt BMW programmed the DME differently for the coolant sensor signal.

Comment

Great news! I now have the part number for the E39 X6011 connector so I can make plug and play harnesses to adapt E39 wiring. Who wants the first plug and play S62 adapter? :)

Comment

So i have acquired a e30. It has a s50b30us. Its is obd1. The person I got it from did such a hack job at wiring this car and cant make it run correctly and am afraid of damaging the motor. Wondering what i would need for wiring on this. Its a 1986 325es.
                                sent you a email.
                                Last edited by dgg15; 03-22-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X