German Engineering Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Engineering Coilovers

This unique coilover conversion system combines top of the line 450# 5" long front springs with 4.5" 650# rear springs
    made exclusively for GE by Hypercoils. These are mated to high quality aluminum components made specifically for the
    e30 platform. Welding is not required for installation. The kit includes 4 springs, 4 adjusters, 2 top hats, and spanner
    wrenches. Additional items shown below are for illustration purposes only. Price will be $340 plus shipping which will be
    USPS priority medium flat rate unless otherwise requested. For international shipping I put the highest price i've been
    quoted so far of $60. If the shipping is less I will refund the difference. If its more then i will send you an email requesting
    the remaining balance.

Springs are also available separately for $120 a pair plus shipping.

Dust boots are optional equipment.

Installation Tips

A lot of people have trouble getting off the strut mount nut so i decided to take a pic on the easiest way to do it with out air tools. What you'll need is a spark plug socket, 8mm 1/4" drive socket / or appropriate allen wrench, a 1/4" extension, and a large crescent wrench.

Also some of you guys would like to see exactly where to cut the perch for a cleaner install. For best results use a sawzall. You can usually find a harbor freight coupon for about $20 if you don't already have one. Cut just above the weld as shown. You do not have to cut all the way through. A good whack with a hammer will shear it at the line you made. Clean up any sharp edges with a file

Took a few more installation pictures. The lighting is terrible but i can't wrench and use my DSLR.

Once you have the perch off and the tube painted slide on the sleeve and adjusters. If you place a piece of masking tape along the axis of the strut tube it will create a nice and snug fit. Often times the additional layer of paint will make them snug enough. (Disclaimer: pics are off my daily driver when i installed new struts. Hence the banged up adjusters)

Then install the gland nut. Once you have installed the gland nut you can place on the spring and top hat.

Bolt up the strut to your factory mount or camber plate and your done.

Sectioning the strut tubes uses most of the same steps.

After cutting off the dust shield i ground down the factory weld and cut the tube 2" below that.

Then i used the tool i made to perfectly weld the two pieces together straight as an arrow.

Last edited by einstein57; 10-30-2013, 06:26 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Such a good price for one of the most desirable rates and sizes; street/spirited.
    That rear size and rate will give you near endless adjustment range whether early or late model arches, tuck or lift.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

whats the id on the springs?

Comment

2.5". I have a hypercoil dealer account so I can get you guys anything in their catalog.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

such a great deal!

trade for fxr bosch smileys???

jk , but i will keep these in mind ! !

Comment

Back in business.. I need another e30 for a set of these.lol

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

.........Can you sell me just the rear set-up;)
              .........Paypal ready
              sigpic

Comment

I will be happy to purchase a set, I can prepay for free shipping too. Let me know where to send the money :)

Comment

Nice might grab some here shortly.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by 411 View Post
                    .........Can you sell me just the rear set-up;)
                    .........Paypal ready
                    I have a limited supply of 30 sets of rear adjusters so I would not be able to sell the rear adjusters separety at this time.
                    Last edited by einstein57; 04-28-2013, 10:06 PM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

pmed

Comment

Do the rear springs fit on the trailing arms? or do they go on the shock and need cups?

Comment

Just about to send the money, but then it occurred to me I don't know what the advantages and disadvantages are between a 5" and 6" spring. This is for a street car - 1988 325i convertible with a M50. I'm getting old. I like a sporting ride, but nothing too harsh should I choose the 6" spring for more travel?

Comment

If your planning on sectioning your strut tubes or want a ride height similar to h&r springs then the 6" is fine. If you want your car to be as low as possible without thin stack camber plates or strut modification then go with the 5".

Just came in.
                            Last edited by einstein57; 04-03-2013, 03:53 PM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan17 View Post
                              Do the rear springs fit on the trailing arms? or do they go on the shock and need cups?

The rear coils and adjusters are designed to be used with the stock spring pads.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                              X