Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I took my car out tonight. And had a little too much fun. I was basically burning out and was running through the gears, I think I just burned the clutch up. It was a used clutch from Flawdaboi. My buddy thinks I fused my clutch to the flywheel. shifter will engage all gears without the
    Clutch depressed.

Any thoughts? I think I just used what little meat was left on the clutch pads..

Comment

Originally posted by SketchyRex View Post
      So, I took my car out tonight. And had a little too much fun. I was basically burning out and was running through the gears, I think I just burned the clutch up. It was a used clutch from Flawdaboi. My buddy thinks I fused my clutch to the flywheel. shifter will engage all gears without the
      Clutch depressed.

Any thoughts? I think I just used what little meat was left on the clutch pads..
      So what you are saying is that the drive shaft works great! Jk.

Which clutch was it that you got from flawdboi? Are you running the 215mm setup?

I would imagine that if you fused the clutch to the flywheel, the gears would still grind like hell trying to shift through them. I think you probably have a clutch cylinder not fully allowing the flywheel to engage.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

So the slave? I just replaced it..

And yeah I'm running the 215mm flywheel.
        How do I remedy the situation if that is it? Just replace it? Or bleed the system?

And the driveline works like a fucking champ.

Comment

So the slave? I just replaced it..

And yeah I'm running the 215mm flywheel.
          How do I remedy the situation if that is it? Just replace it? Or bleed the system?

And the driveline works like a fucking champ.
          Describe the run through gears scenario again. But with more detail. Like if the car is running, any noises, etc.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Has anyone run a ZF S5-16 behind an m30? They came on some 84 cars I think. Pretty much the same ratios as the g240. Are they strong transmissions??
            = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
              Has anyone run a ZF S5-16 behind an m30? They came on some 84 cars I think. Pretty much the same ratios as the g240. Are they strong transmissions??
              wondering if any one can tell me the difference between the traditional m20 boxes and the ZF-16 box, why are they some times found in e30s ? where did they originate from, what are they best mounting up to ? i am told it will still bolt up to a m20 motor are the ZF boxs stronger ? Edit: To be mor...

That's all I could find in a short google search. Looks like it works with the m20 and m40.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I was at a dead stop and had the Shifter in 2nd, revved it hard and dumped the clutch.
                Was burning out and then shifted to 3rd, and still burning out, shifted to 4th, bounced the rev limiter. Then let off and coasted down the hill. Once at the bottom of the hill I had no power but the clutch would crab somewhat then nothing...

Comment

That does sound like a burnt out clutch. Is the crabbing like a chudder?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yuppp and now nothing. I'm just gonna go ahead with it. Break down and buy a new stage 3 clutch.

Comment

Yuppp and now nothing. I'm just gonna go ahead with it. Break down and buy a new stage 3 clutch.
                      Seems like the only logical thing.

Great work on the 318 ti drive shaft though! Get photo bucket or something so we can see them pics!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Thanks man, I honestly couldn't of done any of it without the help from this fourm and Wishno87.

Comment

Ouch - was that with a stock 215mm clutch? I've run a stage 1 in my car without any issues for the past 3 years, but I have to admit I'm not doing 4th gear burnouts - sure the occasional skid, but nothing that extreme ;)

A Stage 3 will easily hold the torque - but then other things will probably break.
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Stage 3 Sachs 6 puck clutch from Flawdaboi on here. I bought it used.
                            I'm just waiting for the new one to get in, and I'm gonna have my flywheel resurfaced.

And I was working out all the bugs before I put the interior back in.

Comment

��

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
                                If you find out anything more about that let me know.. My 318i has the ZF 5 speed in it, and I'm exploring some engine swap options
                                I park with my feet... sometimes
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X