No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They work surprisingly well on road, and off, although the stock suspension is suspect for hard riding.

I went for a run into the mountains a few weeks back in mine, with a few buddies.

Originally posted by codyep3
    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
    2010 F650gs twin
    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
      Try a BMW f650/f800gs. I love mine. Not overpowering for a beginner, and adequate for a seasoned rider considering what it’s designed for.
      Do you harness the "dual sport" by going off road at all? (gravel, trails etc.)
      I know these bikes are very popular now. Just not sure it's worth it if most ppl use them mainly for staying on pavement.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

That Indian ftr1200 prototype is an awesome looking bike, it looks like roland sands got his hands on it, too bad it will likely look different. If I wanted to drop money on a new bike that would be the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          Do you harness the "dual sport" by going off road at all? (gravel, trails etc.)
          I know these bikes are very popular now. Just not sure it's worth it if most ppl use them mainly for staying on pavement.
          Yes I do. I agree most I have seen spend all their lives on the road, but I have put hidenau k50 knobbies on mine, and a new heavy duty bash plate to replace the plastic garbage it came with. I recently picked up some off road light to help see critters on the trail at night.

So far I have only spent about 10% of my time off road camping, but I hoping to do another trip before summers end.

I plan to do the two “local” sections of the tcat trail next year, once I do some suspension upgrades.
          Originally posted by codyep3
          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
          2010 F650gs twin
          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
            That Indian ftr1200 prototype is an awesome looking bike, it looks like roland sands got his hands on it, too bad it will likely look different. If I wanted to drop money on a new bike that would be the one.
            Sweet looking bikes from what I've seen so far, but that exhaust has got to absolutely cook the inner right thigh
            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

[ATTACH]123000[/ATTACH]

Comment

new amp for my zx7r

Finally upgraded my amplifier on my 1997 ZX7R. Now I can hear it at speed :)

DS from top.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	DS candy .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	7197587DS from top.pdf

Name:	zx7r sunset mq.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	7197588

Name:	long road home mq.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	7197589
                Attached Files
                "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Comment

so my mini-ninja wasn't stock when i got it; had rear sets, grip pads on the tank, and a windshield for a taller rider and i was happy with those so i left them alone.

my first round of mods got finished today:
                  - 1lb lithium battery
                  - rear set delete
                  - undertail from hotbodies to get rid of all the ugly DOT lighting
                  - license plate relocate
                  - shorty slip-on from danmoto

should be about 20lbs (5% of the total weight) off the bike, and a lot of it fairly high up. didn't think i'd notice much difference but it's there. it also sets off car alarms and does that delicious pop/crackle when you drop throttle and grab clutch.
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

This is my '06 KTM 560 SMR, factory-built supermoto race bike. I put in an Ohlins shock with an RCS titanium spring. Original shock/spring was 5,171 grams (more than the scale's 5 Kg limit). The weight savings equates to about two good bulky bowel movements.

Name:	IMG_3152 (1).jpg
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	7198212

Name:	IMG_3559.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	7198213

Name:	IMG_3558.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	7198216

Name:	IMG_3582.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	7198214

Name:	IMG_3583.jpg
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	7198215
                    '91 325i

Comment

Not quite its intended purpose. Looks goofy, but sooo much fun. 250 lbs, almost 60 hp, sticky tires, squishy suspension, thumper torque. It's like taking a Group B rally car, set up for tarmac stages, to a DTM race. If I were a better rider, I'd destroy the open singles class with this bike. I've only taken a third place trophy so far.

Name:	IMG_0544.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	7198217
                      '91 325i

Comment

Oh yeah, looks awesome!!

Comment

Been a while, nice to see this thread bumped back up, might as well contribute!

So I think since the last time I posted I was wrestling with this banshee of mine, and for the life of me just could not get it running right, kept wanting to fall on its face mid range. I exhausted EVERY possible diagnostic angle I could on it, and by the time I thought I narrowed it down, I had dumped too much money into it, and was so pissed I didn't even want to look at it, so I cut ties with it. It's a damn shame I know, and it still beats me up a bit that I didn't stick with it, but that thing was cursed since the day I bought it, could never get it running right. Ill get another one tho, someday!

Its all good tho, as I picked up this bone stock 05 660 Raptor for a hell of a deal to replace the banshee with. Ive always liked the 660, my friend let me borrow his the first time I went to the cinders, so it has a soft spot in my heart, they are great bikes, and had cheap b/c the 700 has replaced it.

Having a quad around is more of a back up bike for friends to ride and for me to hoon around on when Im at the dunes/cinders, as my WR is my main ride and I prefer that over all else. This is a much more friendlier quad then a banshee, so it worked out well. Had to upgrade it of course, opened up the air box, put a full exhaust on it, YFZ shocks on the front and widened the rear, and some other odds and ends, it rips!

Also, kind of non bike related but kind of is, picked me up a pop up truck camper project. Ive wanted one of these for a while, but its hard to find them for mid size trucks that are a good deal, picked this bad boy up for $100! It was everything you would think of when you think of a $100 dollar camper, so I proceeded to completely rebuild it. Not perfect, but it does a pretty good job, and is miles ahead of my tent.

Here the build thread for it if any are interested

Hey everyone, first post on here, and a long one at that, this is a documentation of the past month or so of my life and to the present day of my Skamper 072s rebuild that I picked up for a cool $100, and proceeded to dump much more then that into it. So let me preface this with a bit of a...

Back to bikes, aside from rebuilding the motor on my WR, I picked up an 88 YZ80 to tinker with too. She was in rough shape, but mechanically sound, just about done with it now. Haven't decided if Im going to keep it or not yet, it'd pretty much be on pit bike/camp bike duty just to play around on, but its super loud, kind of twitchy, and very quick, as expected. I have a cheapy Chinese 125 bike I picked up for 40 bucks which is quieter and a bit mellower, but it lacks in the quality/reliability category, so we'll see.

And finally, a garage shot, I think the last time I posted was before I moved to my new place, so Ive got a bit more garage room that I've promptly filled with toys lol. Bikes are prepped for the dunes, first trip next weekend!

Until next time!

Comment

Oh snap!

I have a KTM 950 Adventure. Let me find a pic.
                            Last edited by Melon; 11-08-2018, 08:48 AM.
                            I do things.

Comment

Bikes of the past.

Grom, and CB500F.

Method of transport. I do things.

I do things.

Comment

Changed the oil in my Vstrom today.

my dad brought over my old kx125 a few weeks ago, currently under a tarp beneath the deck. probably needs a top end and a few odds and ends but rode great the last time I had her out (5 years ago). winter project

Comment

Working...
                                X