No announcement yet.

Interest in custom oil pans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me some baffles..... and waffles too.

My M42 pan with bafflelicious.

dlm ny country
    Attached Files

Comment

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
      IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Sorry for how incredibly long this took to finally do. Here are a few pics of the oil pan and I'm gonna make another better rendition next year... Just kidding it will be in the next couple months for sure. But let me know what you guys think and I'm sure it will be brutal but it's all welcome haha. Thanks for looking. I hope these links work. I think I finally figured out how to make my images into a URL. Also, I will take better pics (Not Snapchat screenshots) next time I am at the shop.

38869723_1890624237912901_5837687834684686336_n by Justin Berg, on Flickr

38797772_1983167698651811_7778812533338537984_n by Justin Berg, on Flickr

38812335_512597539190702_1331613314014248960_n by Justin Berg, on Flickr

Comment

This fits on a BMW M50 NON VANOS. I had a hard time with the welds so they were small enough to allow the bolts to fit yet still be air tight. This one works but next time Im going to clean up the bolt holes with a vertical mill or maybe just a drill with the right bit on it would work. Tips on that would be really appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Comment

I would highly recommend taking some proper photos first so we can actually see the product. From what I can see, it doesn't look that promising.
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

interesting

Comment

yeah it was a really rough first attempt haha. I will get better!

Comment

Sign me up if it's $100 or less with good fitment.
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                    Sign me up if it's $100 or less with good fitment.

Ditto, and I'll take a m30 all aluminium block for $250 for "never going to fucking happen, Alex"
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      Ditto, and I'll take a m30 all aluminium block for $250 for "never going to fucking happen, Alex"
                      Thanksssss A lot... haha yeah dude im gonna try and make it happen.

Comment

Here's some inspiration for you.
                        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=178398

Comment

Originally posted by Justbergy View Post
                          Thanksssss A lot... haha yeah dude im gonna try and make it happen.
                          Not to worry. We get a "My Uncle has a machine shop, what should I make?" post at least once every 2-3 months - if not every 2-3 weeks.

None of them, zero, has ever gone anywhere.

As far as oil pans, if us e30 guy could get a stamped steal one, that would be great. Something that dents, rather then explodes. Al is great - but you might as well sell a fiberglass oil pan. It's too unforgiving.

Comment

you member the guyz that can make CF stuff so what u guys want me to make in CF?

Comment

Oh yea....what one? There's been at least 10 :)

OP: Hey guies, I have an uncle that can make stuff what do you want?
                              NEWBIE: I WANT MY E30 TO FART RAINBOWS!
                              OP: (ghost)

Comment

Yeah okay I get the hint haha. I got excited about the idea my bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X