1986 325e Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 325e Power Problem

Did a gas pedal bushing replacement, disconnect throttle line, replaced it, put everything back as I found it and this occurred:

Put the key in the ignition, pressed clutch and pedal all the way in, had the shifter in neutral, turned the key, full lights inside of the car flashing check engine light (as normal?), everything lights up. Go to start it, single click. Did it a few more times, single click for awhile then zero noise. Took the battery to get tested, it tested good, came back home, put the battery back in correctly, checked for a good ground, put the key back in the ignition, same stuff as before, except when I turned it, there were zero lights, and trying to take it to start had zero result.

Any ideas? Looked under the dash, doesn't look like I disconnected any wires while doing the bushing replacement. If I need to go test something, let me know, I'll do it to the best of my ability. This is my first project/manual car, so I'm still learning. Going to cross post this to general tech discussion as well, cause I'm not sure where this post belongs. Thanks in advance!

You checked the ground wire under the dash, or the ground at the battery?

Comment

I checked battery terminal to ground.

Comment

Originally posted by e30IsBae View Post
        I checked battery terminal to ground.
        There's a ground under the dashboard that you may have knocked loose when you took the cover off to replace the throttle cable. There's also a main harness that runs down the steering column. Make sure that both of those are good and still connected.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like the ground under the dash may have been bonked. Was the gas pedal assembly the only thing you took apart in there?

Comment

Working...
          X