CAtuned coilover group buy round 4!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAtuned coilover group buy round 4!!!

Closed. If you are interested in a set of CATuned Coilovers, please contact CATuned directly!

Hey everybody! I spoke to Igor at CAtuned, and arranged to do a fourth group buy for their E30 coilovers. I had previously run these on an E30 of mine, and I wanted to get another set for my current project. I figured I probably wasn't alone, and now I’m putting together the list of 10 names.

Below is the information Frank had put together for round 3 (which you can read here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=370569). The information is the same, so I quoted his explanation of the options below!

Originally posted by FLG
    Offering a group buy on CAtuned coilovers, with two types being available.waffles

The standard e30 setup as shown here, they are 30-way adjustable and come with everything shown in the picture. They do need to be welded to the front spindles (cut the old strut tube leaving a few inches of tube on the knuckle, they slide over and are then welded to the knuckle). You can get you car very low without sacrificing travel as the coils themselves thread into the body, so you lower the entire coilover not just lowering the spring and thus also losing shock travel, same goes for the rear shocks.waffles

They come standard in 7kg (392lb, m3 are 8k) front, 8kg (448lb) rear, shocks are dyno matched to ensure they are properly paired with the springs. We can also do stiffer 8k front 10k rear rates for no additional cost

If we can get a minimum 10 people to commit, cost is $975 shipped to the lower 48 states. Can ship to overseas but additional shipping cost will apply.waffles

The next type available is much more race oriented, these are the true rear coilover type. The rears for these coils eliminate the divorced spring setup. Be advised you must reinforce the rear shock mounts and towers to run these coilvers, you will also need to do a little clearancing on the inside rear as well so the coil doesn't rub the frame/inside strut tower but this is very minimal.waffles

These come standard in 10kg front and 12kg rear rates, again with dyno matched shocks. I run these on my drift car and absolutely love them, ride quality is amazing both on and off track.

Price for true rear is $1,330 shipped to the lower 48, again overseas shipping is avail at additional costs.waffles

Finally, here are a few pictures of the coils on my own car. I have previously ran BC's and they worked well for me but comparatively the CAtuned coils blow them out of the water.waffles

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, also if you live in the NYC area i can recommend a shop to weld the coilovers to the front spindles and can assist with install.waffles

If you’re local to CAtuned they also offer install for $425 which includes removal of old suspension, and install of new units (typically a 6-8 hr job and can be done in one day).waffles

Optionally you can send in your own cores to be welded for $120 with no extra charge for shipping, new wheel hubs are also available for $120waffles

Before anyone asks, seals are made by NOK, internals are Swiss and housings are Taiwan. Final inspection and assembly is done in house at CAtuned.waffles

Lead time is 14-21 business days (just covering ourselves as last time we had a few days delay due to bad weather causing shipment issues) from the date all coilovers are paid for, if youre interested please add your name, type of coilover (standard or true rear). Front knuckles must be 51mm.

Thanks!
    A few notes!
    1. Payment will be handled through CAtuned’s site directly. That way you will get an invoice/tracking/etc. and work directly with them!
    2. Custom spring rates are available in this group buy, up to +/- 3kg.
    3. All Units need to be paid for before they ship.
    4. I’m acting only as an organizer for this group buy. I do not work for CAtuned, I'm simply a fan of their products and agreed to organize this group buy for them! Any product questions should be directed to the great guys at CAtuned themselves, as they can offer much better information/recommendations on their suspension (link here: https://catuned.com/contactus). I’d also recommend reading through the previous 3 group buys to get more information!

Links to previous group buys (contains a lot of great information on setup and timelines):

Closed. If you are interested in a set of CATuned Coilovers, please contact CATuned directly!
    Last edited by bwwaaaa; 02-02-2018, 07:30 AM. Reason: Closed. If you are interested in a set of CATuned Coilovers, please contact CATuned directly!
    Instagram: @benzintinte

I was going to go GC coilovers, then it got price prohibitive so I decided on ie3, koni sa, gc camber plates, then I came across the Fortune Auto deal and landed on it. Now I see this group buy and I have some more research to do!

One way or the other, I'm purchasing all new suspension in a couple of weeks. Consider me interested...
    1990 325i Coupe
    ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Always good to have plenty of options. If you'd like to be added to the list, just let me know!

Comment

Bump!

CAtuned wanted me to mention that these coilovers have a limited lifetime warranty, and each group buy purchase comes with stickers and a license plate frame!

Comment

I bought a set off CA tuned a couple years ago. It was the true coil over setup. They are a really nice set and I am glad I bought them. The only thing I will warn you is order them now so you get them when you want them. It took a long time for me to receive my set because they were busy. It was well over the original projected time they should have arrived. I thought I got scammed. But they gave me a bit of a price cut to make up for it. So I could not really complain.
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Bump
            Last edited by bwwaaaa; 01-09-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Bump, feel free to PM me with an questions you may have. Thanks!

Comment

Last edited by bwwaaaa; 02-02-2018, 07:31 AM. Reason: Changed bump to closed message.

Comment

cant you just get them cheaper from BC?

I PMd you on IG
                  Last edited by Matt-B; 02-02-2018, 03:09 AM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                  X