Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
    I'm not worried about adapting the transmission to the motor, that's been done plenty of times.

I'm worried about if this whole kit is developed using the getrag adapter plate so the s2000 trans doesn't line up with the shifter hole. I don't have bother transmissions side by side so I don't know the dimension difference. it's could be perfectly ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The s trans is a bit longer and taller than the zf/getrag bmw gearboxes in the shifter area

I have a spare complete and can measure things if it would help

Just guesstimating bmw getrag/zf 5 speed is roughly 3 inches or so shorter

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    Whats the price of an s54 swap these days?

Just sold one 80k kilometer s54+getrag 420 with harness and ecu for $3500 from running local friends car doing crazy swap.
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-07-2018, 11:12 AM.
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
      The s trans is a bit longer and taller than the zf/getrag bmw gearboxes in the shifter area

I have a spare complete and can measure things if it would help

Just guesstimating bmw getrag/zf is roughly 3 inches or so shorter

that's sort of what I figured, but maybe it's workable?

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

that's sort of what I figured, but maybe it's workable?

The bmw 6 speed unit is roughly 3 inches longer than the bmw 5 speed; so yeah it’s going to be within range of the limitations

I wish I was able to put the s trans side to side with 6 speed getrag 420 before shipping it out to compare; I believe my friend has a v8 getrag 420 loose and they are the same box as the i6 just different bellhouse

One other key point of using the s2000 transmission; it matches the 4 banger high rpm Honda engine better than all bmw trans as it has an addition gear reduction in the tail of the trans.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

sladek the f20 swapped e30's i have seen were able to use the stock trans hole and i would assume the dimensions will be close with a k and s2k trans
          Originally posted by blunttech
          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
          :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
            sladek the f20 swapped e30's i have seen were able to use the stock trans hole and i would assume the dimensions will be close with a k and s2k trans

The bmw 6mt fits the e30 bolt in just fine; even with the stock m20 engine in 100% original mounting position. I bolted a e46 euro 320d trans behind my 327s engine years ago

The f20c 6mt is not significantly larger than the bmw and the f20c or k24 are smaller in dimensions than the m20 originally in the e30.

Comment

Subscribed.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Subscribed.

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

awesome update! I have to ask, are you guys also looking into using an S2000 transmission? or at least if the mounts would be able to be used with that transmission?

for me personally this would be the most desirable way to run it. my main concern is if one trans is too different in length to use these mounts

The s2000 transmission bolts to the k24 with ballade sports adapter plate.

A local team had one trackside Sunday; first I’ve seen entire NorCal. Full race ustcc car; prima racing team.

Fits great in the s2000 chassis with a slight tilt to the left like a Bmw i6

Cliff notes:

S2000 6 speed = same length has Bmw 6 speed

Bmw 6 speed = bolts to m20 and e30 chassis relatively natively with oem Bmw parts and some adapters

If going for the s2000 trans probably it can be done with currently avail off the shelf parts

Ballade sports adapter+ clutch masters special flywheel to oem
                  S2000 clutch

Modify the innovate trans and engine mounts to fit e30; would probably only need to modify the chassis side to fit the e30 x member for both engine and trans; the engine arms look relatively modular and bolt on to the k20/24 just like oem m20 arms

E30 m20 oem arms;

Innovate s2k k20/24 swap arms (aftermarket $369 retail)

Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-25-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

E36 k swap

Any more info I need a k on my e36 318ti 😜

Comment

Originally posted by Jdm201nj View Post
                      Any more info I need a k on my e36 318ti [emoji12]

Get one and do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jdm201nj View Post
                        Any more info I need a k on my e36 318ti ��

I know David from KMiata is "looking" at fitment of the K series in the E36, but that's not currently a priority for him.

I am also headed down that exact road (93 325is, so same fitment as the 318ti).

One of the issues that I currently see based on my initial measurements is that the oil pump drive/chain/system/pan will want to occupy the same point in space as the steering rack. Some of that can be addressed by using the steel K series oil pan, but not nearly enough of it...

I've talked with Sean from SLR Speed, someone very familiar with the E36 front steering/suspension geometry and he's offered to design/build a relatively simple system to move the steering rack forward about 1" without affecting the steering geometry at all. I'm also looking into moving the whole engine/transmission back about 1" in the chassis (custom or shortened OEM driveshaft). Moving the engine back doesn't seem to be that big of a deal because I'm already making custom engine mounts, and I "think" the trans mount can be flipped around moving it back.

There will still need to be a significant modification made to the subframe to clear the oil pan. I'm pretty sure it'll need to drop in the center 2-3" but again, I have not yet dropped the K20 into the engine bay with the ZF trans and the KMiata adapter. And the hood clearance is still an unknown as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post
                          Hi guys, quick update for everyone. Some of you will be mad that I'm not posting pictures but that will happen once we have production parts ready to go.

We have a set of engine mounts test fitted in the chassis, and also have an aluminum oil pan done that fits beautifully. Stock ground clearance, and works with the stock crossmember without modification. Oil pan fixtures have been machined for production already.

Also we have test fitted a good intake manifold solution. We learned long ago that an F20 manifold seriously chokes these engines, so we'll be doing something proper for the E30. We have a header here as well for those looking to stay N/A.

I realize this is a vague update, but we've been made aware of another shop claiming to be developing their own K swap E30 kit without mentioning that our parts are being used on their car, so we'd rather keep the specifics on our designs under wraps for now.

Just know that we're steadily working on things behind the scenes and we'll have something for you when we're 100% satisfied with the end product.

Any update on this guys? Trying to budget my winter projects right now. :)

Comment

Hi guys I’m really interested to do this swap I have a 1991 325i with a blown m20 so practically it’s just a rolling shell.
                            Question what zf trans and driveshaft would be best?

Would the m52 m54 swap guides help since there swapping in a zf trans ?

1991 318is 1991 325i

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Last edited by D3’min; 11-11-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Oh no lol I’ve had this car for 3-4 years this ain’t forsale

Last edited by D3’min; 10-31-2018, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X