e30 trunk size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 trunk size

This is a proper random one but i have looked online for a while and i can not find the dimensions and sizes of the e30 trunk.

as some of you know i am coming over to the USA to travel from one side to the other and a ton of places inbetween, this trip is just myself and my wife and i am sure most of you know how women like the pack (the entire house and sometimes the kitchen sink).

She has a very large suitcase and i am concerned it wont fit in the trunk, well hers will fit but leaves no space for mine, i am not one to want to have stuff over the back seats of the car so i was wondering if someone out there had dimensions of the trunk for a coupe (early model, not sure if it makes a difference)

and whilst we are at it, everyone likes a photo so chuck up photos of your trunk (car only) and how much you've managed to pack inside it (there is a joke here somewhere).

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Get a roof rack, it'll give you more room and you'll be able to sell it separately or with the car once you're done.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Are you shipping the E30 over the seas? Just wondering.

The e30 trunk is larger than it would appear. When I move, typically I will remove the spare tire and fabric and it generates a lot more room, if only a little oddly shaped.

Another trick I learned and it helps just as much, if not more.
      Remove the back seat foam, that bottom seat has 6-8 inches of foam.

If I leave work early enough I will try to get the dimensions. Just sharing a little advice.
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
        This is a proper random one but i have looked online for a while and i can not find the dimensions and sizes of the e30 trunk.

and whilst we are at it, everyone likes a photo so chuck up photos of your trunk (car only) and how much you've managed to pack inside it (there is a joke here somewhere).
        These trunks can handle a lot... typically the rule of thumb is 3 bodies

Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Roughly 34x34x16" of unobstructed space. That's measuring from the narrowest points as well, so there's plenty more available. The actual opening of the trunk is ~47x16".

Officially you have 404 liters of space, but not much actual cargo capacity as far as weight goes, especially with other than stock springs. Shouldn't be an issue if you are flying to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Roughly 34x34x16" of unobstructed space. That's measuring from the narrowest points as well, so there's plenty more available. The actual opening of the trunk is ~47x16".

Officially you have 404 liters of space, but not much actual cargo capacity as far as weight goes, especially with other than stock springs. Shouldn't be an issue if you are flying to the US.
            Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
              Get a roof rack, it'll give you more room and you'll be able to sell it separately or with the car once you're done.
              I think this will be a lase case purchase if i need one when i get there i am just eh, not really into roof racks, i know they are handy but i think i would opt for stuff on the back seat before i put stuff on the roof, plus when we stop at places on route say if we are stopping in a city would stuff be safe just left up there then i would need to arse about getting things off the roof and into the car and then back out again when we leave, idk. plus doesn't roof racks have a bit of effect on drag, mpg and wind noise? probably only minor amounts but idk im just not a massive fan of roof racks.

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
              Are you shipping the E30 over the seas? Just wondering.

The e30 trunk is larger than it would appear. When I move, typically I will remove the spare tire and fabric and it generates a lot more room, if only a little oddly shaped.

Another trick I learned and it helps just as much, if not more.
              Remove the back seat foam, that bottom seat has 6-8 inches of foam.

If I leave work early enough I will try to get the dimensions. Just sharing a little advice.
              thanks man, i have actually purchased a white e30 coupe in USA i have some friends in Cali and one of them went and picked up a 325e early model manual (i actually wanted a 325e early model manual so win win win). had a ton of maintenance on it etc all ready for my trip to save me wasting time trying to find one when i get there.

I was really and still am into e36's and was planning to ship my e36 328 touring over to use for the trip but its 22 years old and just couldn't get around that 25 year import law and if i was to ship the 36 i wouldn't want to then bring it home as it would have served its purpose. I always preferred the e30 over the e36 but trying to find a clean e30 in the UK for relatively decent money is just not really possible anymore most of them are shitty 316 auto or just have a ton or rust or you need to spend silly money and i just couldnt find one.

here is my e36 coupe, might not be to some peoples tastes but the car was stripped to a shell everything underneath was replaced with brand new either OEM BMW or a upgraded aftermarket part.

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

and here was my 328 touring which i then sold and got an e46 330d sport touring.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

thanks man!! i shall do some measurements and make sure our 2 cases can fit in this space!!

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              These trunks can handle a lot... typically the rule of thumb is 3 bodies

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=199867
              Originally posted by Andre3127 View Post
              ah shit, i was hoping for atleast 5. i mean 3 is all good but 5+ is a riot.

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post

I doubt he'd want to remove the spare since he's planning to drive cross country.
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

Gotta say that's a nice e36. Slicktop? Regular e36 slicktops are pretty much nonexistent over here. One thing I really like about the e36 is the trunk's lower load point and the fold down rear seats.
                  My Feedback

Comment

The e30's trunk is actually quite roomy. Years ago, a buddy of mine had an early 318i coupe, and he and two other guys road tripped about 350 miles to a meetup. They had everything they needed for a week long trip, along with 3 full size gaming PCs and all the accessories (including a racing wheel), a dozen full length rifles, and all the ammunition, ear and eye protection, cleaning supplies, tools, and other gear you need for them. A measly suitcase will pose no challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by cscracker View Post
                      The e30's trunk is actually quite roomy. Years ago, a buddy of mine had an early 318i coupe, and he and two other guys road tripped about 350 miles to a meetup. They had everything they needed for a week long trip, along with 3 full size gaming PCs and all the accessories (including a racing wheel), a dozen full length rifles, and all the ammunition, ear and eye protection, cleaning supplies, tools, and other gear you need for them. A measly suitcase will pose no challenge.
                      For one, what event requires 4 rifles per person, and gaming PCs?

Second, I don't think so, unless those people did the old flip your underwear routine every day for a week.

Comment

Here's the boot of my e30 coupe
                        Attached Files
                        1987 325is (Jenna), Love e30's!

Comment

Working...
                        X