Help identify two prong wire terminal - front bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identify two prong wire terminal - front bumper

I recently upgraded from the DB to euro bumper and came across this two prong terminal on each side of the car right next to the terminals for the marker and fog lights. I don't know if I'm missing a connection or if they are there as part of the standard harness build. I looked through various forum threads including the BMW electric trouble shooting manual but could not find an answer. The two wires going to the terminal are Brown and Grey/Green.

Here are a couple of shots. I'm hoping somebody is more familiar with this. The three prong terminal is the one for the marker/city lights.

Thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	terminal - front bumper .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	7251244

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring color- front bumper mistery terminal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	7251245

What is the build date of the car?

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
      What is the build date of the car?

t
      9/85

Thanks

Comment

I believe, the terminal on the right is the outside temperature connection.

Comment

Maybe, on a euro car, one is the side marker that is in the fender

Comment

Yeah, looking at the 86 etk, grey/yel is LH marker light hot....

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

You're correct they are the terminals for the marker lights. I totally forgot that when I removed the DB bumper, there were side markers on the side bumper plastic trims. Same terminal type is used for the rear bumper side markers.

What a rookie oversight :-)

Comment

Working...
              X