How many miles are too many

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many miles are too many

Looking at a 24v swap into my e30 and looking at a few options. So I'm asking you experts to see if there is a mileage limit that you would not get to do a mild rebuild on prior to dropping in?

is 200K miles too much on an M50/52 to rebuild?

thx!
    BMWCCA #389756

Originally posted by oekundar View Post
    is 200K miles too much on an M50/52 to rebuild?

thx!
    200k miles? That's just break-in period for the engine. I have few m5x engines that have 240-250k miles on the clock and mechanically they are just fine.

Comment

for simple rebuild its fine
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

You can't tell by the mileage alone......

Compression test, leak down test, what's it look like under the rocker cover? How much shit in the sump? Generally as a human how lucky or unlucky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
          You can't tell by the mileage alone......

Compression test, leak down test, what's it look like under the rocker cover? How much shit in the sump? Generally as a human how lucky or unlucky are you?

Generally as a human, I’m a lucky mofo, but seriously I’ll be checking out the whole car today. Unfortunately I won’t have a compression/leak down test but will check the oil usual crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Generally as a human how lucky or unlucky are you?
            I'm stealing this for later use!

heh

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
            X