Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trickcruiser: E30 Vert Intro

Greetings,
    I am new (again) to the E30 community and thought it would be best to introduce myself! My previous and current BMW's have been and 89 325is, 90 325i, 94 540i, 99 M3, 07 335, 08 135i, 15 i3, 08 535xit, 17 i3, and now a 87 325i vert.

After spending the last 7+ years primarily in the N54 world I sold my 135 (Evil1) but still have my 535xiT. The wagon is awesome and I still have goals to get her out of the 12's and into the 11's here in the very near future! My ultimate goal is to get into a 997tt this spring but for the life of me I can not go a minute without having something to work on!

135i Evil1 - Sold

Current 535xit

Enter the 87 325i vert! This is actually a project car for my wife and she is helping me wrench along the way!

We purchased this car with the intent to swap in a built S50 turbo from another e30 project a friend was planning to swap in a V8!

S50 Turbo here and ready for removal!

Made some progress on Sunday and hope to hit it again this weekend. With a little luck everything should be pulled and then onto removal of the M20 setup!

Sweet...subscribed!
    BMWCCA #389756

Comment

subbed

Comment

Plan is to pull the driveshaft, wiring harness, and have it ready to pull on Saturday or Sunday!

For the items being pulled from the car, I also made a FS thread for anyone interested. Parts are listed and prices are OBO.

Comment

Killer build. Sub'd!

Comment

Pulled the interior for a refresh and found that the whoever swapped in the E36 seats cut some serious !#@@#$%!#$% corners!!! Driver seat had one nut holding it down and wedged against another bolt. The Pass at least had two nuts holding it in place! WTF are people thinking?

Anyways, ordered brackets from Kadunza and will make these secure. New pics showing the brackets and what it takes to install the seats w them later.

CCW Reps test fit looks great. I believe were going to go with a bronze or gold powder on these as well as the turbo bits.

S50 pulled! Looks like it could use a new valve cover gasket (leaking in the back corner a bit) but outside of that, were about ready to rock and roll!!!

Going to start pulling the M20 on Wed!

Comment

M20 setup removed and getting ready to head to its new home!

Additional plans before installing the S50:
              - Swap 3.73 over to 2.93 LSD
              (plans are to be more of a highway cruiser vs a drag car)

- Mild shave of engine bay to clean things up a bit.

- Upgrade all subrame supporting points and bushings

- Coilovers

- Battery relocation to rear

- etc etc etc...

Comment

Working...
              X