No announcement yet.

Use the Stock Booster - Modify the Clevis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did this, and damn is it a pain in the neck to bolt it back on after moving it half an inch. My arm is all cut up from the brake pedal, haha.
    "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

Slotted 1/2" and did this.

Last edited by rightcoastbias; 07-05-2012, 06:41 AM.

M52B28 OBD1 - G240 - S4.10
      Stuff for Sale: 24v swap parts

Comment

Anyone have an extra clevis laying around? Please PM me.

Comment

I'm using the stock booster. I just re-drilled the holes 1/2 to the right. Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by rightcoastbias View Post
            Slotted 1/2" and did this.

Hows that working out?

Looks like the easiest way
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
                I'm using the stock booster. I just re-drilled the holes 1/2 to the right. Works like a charm.
                Yeah I'm curious as to why we are looking for these options if the above is true.
                UNDER CONSTRUCTION - 24v 325e (future DD), DD 525i

stripped out e30 rally project - in progress
                M50NV -> M50TU E34 swap underway

Comment

Originally posted by NbAmTwE View Post
                  Yeah I'm curious as to why we are looking for these options if the above is true.
                  Because it wasn't true for me - and many others.

Moving the booster is easy. Affixing the clevis onto the pedal linkage without removing the pedal, or using only half of the clevis, or putting an angle into the booster rod that wasn't designed to be there and often causes brakes that drag and won't return, isn't so easy.

This "double clevis" approach solves the alignment issue, and allows use of the stock on and bracket, maintaining the function of the stock system.

And it's cheap and simple.
                  Current:
                  1991 325i Sedan - S50 Swap
                  1988 325i Cabrio

Past:
                  1991 M3
                  1991 318is
                  1985 325e

Comment

Originally posted by hwy84 View Post
                    Because it wasn't true for me - and many others.

Moving the booster is easy. Affixing the clevis onto the pedal linkage without removing the pedal, or using only half of the clevis, or putting an angle into the booster rod that wasn't designed to be there and often causes brakes that drag and won't return, isn't so easy.

This "double clevis" approach solves the alignment issue, and allows use of the stock on and bracket, maintaining the function of the stock system.

And it's cheap and simple.
                    Wanna make me one :)

Im in the bay area
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Picked up two spare clevis' today from pick n pull. gonna give this a shot

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

OP, first off, thanks for the Clevis idea. I used it, and I think its a better option than downgrading to a smaller booster.

I had saved an extra booster to get a clevis and cut in half, Just like your setup.. but somebody chucked it and I already had my stuff all apart so I decided to just make the third clevis leg out of scrap steel. works the same..

And I modified the pedal gear bracket to accept the 4th booster nut.

Comment

I just cut half of the clevis off and attached the other half to the left side of the pedal using washers to make up for the difference on the pin. This makes it perfectly straight as if the booster was never moved. I'll get a photo so you can see what I'm talking about...

Comment

24V+ stock /e21 boosters, that's that shit I DON'T LIKE.
                            Originally posted by 325Projectz
                            don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                            :nice:

Comment

I moved my whole pedal box over with the booster. But, I needed my brake pedal a little further away from gas pedal.
                              -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by BBDirtbiking View Post
                                Just did this, and damn is it a pain in the neck to bolt it back on after moving it half an inch. My arm is all cut up from the brake pedal, haha.
                                long extensions and swivel sockets are your friend

Comment

Working...
                                X