No announcement yet.

Just bought the Magnaflow 23554

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have this cat setup. and my only complaint about it is it doesnt come with the MT mounting bracket only the AT bracket. Its light weight and sounds good tho.
    sigpicWhat is that?... a lufa?... Its a Quinoa!
    1989 325i, 1970 Chevy El Camino

Comment

Bumping this thread as there's not many reviews of this item around.

The fit is terrible. Absolute shit. As mentioned above, it does not include the manual transmission bracket, so evidently you're on your own to figure that out. I spent another $50 at a muffler shop to have them rig up a mount to attach to my OE BMW bracket. So much for "direct-fit".

Also, as it makes the bend around the firewall, it's bent too far - causing the exhaust to angle upward as it travels toward the rear of the car. This results in the catalytic converter being far too high, right up against the heat shields and trans tunnel crossmember support. This thing rattles and clunks against the underbody every time the car hits a bump. Annoying as hell, particularly considering the price.

I know that a muffler shop could fix these issues, but that's what you try to avoid by purchasing a Direct-Fit exhaust system. Should be bolt-in and go. How much more money will I spend at a muffler shop trying to get this POS to fit right? It probably would have been cheaper to buy a universal fit cat and some mandrel bends and just pay a muffler shop to fab it all up.

To make matters worse, Magnaflow customer support is of no use and won't even reply. Avoid this thing at all costs.
      - Darrell

2001 BMW M5
      1990 BMW 325is - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X