Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic work!

Comment

Cheers guys. I have been busy and while it is an excuse I have managed to get some more stuff on the car.

Added the baffle to the sump

And while there added the windage for the crank

With the sump all nice and done, it was time to wrap the exhaust mani, and down pipe

Then moved onto fitting a thinner A/C(AUX fan) and intercooler

Then it came time to chop the front valance to allow room for all this stuff and see what do to about the oil cooler

The factory oil cooler was used with banjo fittings (m22 x 1.5). Sitting just below the factory location, but not too low as to have it get damaged (I hope)

[IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90
      /923/GnSJf7.jpg[/IMG]

A new cooler has been ordered as this was basically a mock up.

It fits...

With some editing of the mtech front valance :(

While at it, changed the radiator out

It all a very tight fit, with air con and all and checking the clearances it is going to be fun when the turbo sits in there. Speaking of that, that would be next, including 90% of the exhaust and making a start on charge pipes.
      Djordje

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Comment

Last edited by Sasmo; 06-20-2017, 11:22 PM.
        Djordje

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Comment

Great thread!
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Its all a tight fit, when I want to have AC and stuff. Ahh well it might all fit under the bonnet.

Dont have a swedge so made some something.

Some electrical work, adding coil near plug, sequential injection and all that happy fun stuff.

After some consideration we will add a cam sensor.

I will need to do something about brakes and have decided to look at the wiki. Grabbed the Chrysler front disks and renault megane 225 front calipers . Will need to make up a braket but the offset is good and it fits under a 16" wheel. Will also be trying 300mm single pot rear dics from a 120d :) The hats are almost identical to the e30 in size. Will see when we get to that.

This is currently how it stands, at 0.8 bar and a slipping clutch. Should be sored in a day or two. Will be pushing 1.2 bar hopefully might try 1.4 bar but we will see.

Found a solid set of French hedlights and fogs, well actualy a friend bought a car with them. He dosen't like them so we made a trade.

Djordje

Comment

Working...
            X