No announcement yet.

help setting up booster delete and retain ABS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far no luck finding the mustang MC available today... trying to get the car finished for bimmerfest saturday

but BMA parts (I pass them going to work) is able to get me the MC from a e32 which according to real oem and some pictures is a 22/22.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Try it, I think you'll like it over a 19mm.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_302 View Post
        Try it, I think you'll like it over a 19mm.
        Fingers crossed. Also looks like I'll be able to mount the res on top like normal, fingers crossed that works.
        Shadetree30

Comment

When you get it all figured out, you should start a fresh thread with how you fixed it. I bet there are others out there who have run into this exact issue.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
            When you get it all figured out, you should start a fresh thread with how you fixed it. I bet there are others out there who have run into this exact issue.
            Will do
            Shadetree30

Comment

Out of curiousity, did the 17 go to the back or the front?

The 17 may indeed be your problem- if it was me, I'd stick a 20.6mm one on,
              just because I have a couple sitting around...

Let us know how 22 works. If Wilwood likes it, I bet it's a lot better.

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                Out of curiousity, did the 17 go to the back or the front?

The 17 may indeed be your problem- if it was me, I'd stick a 20.6mm one on,
                just because I have a couple sitting around...

Let us know how 22 works. If Wilwood likes it, I bet it's a lot better.

t
                17 goes to the back, 22 goes to the front. The front port feeds the rear, rear port feeds the front (on the MC). I wasn't using the original MC. I had already swapped it for a 19/19.

Just installed the 22/22 after bench bleeding it and tediously installing it preventing minimum fluid leak. Bleeding the calipers now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                Shadetree30

Comment

Bleeding successful? I also will be installing the Massive delete kit on my E36 and I'm very interested in the outcome of your troubleshooting. I too have Wilwood 4 piston Dynalites but with 1.75" pistons and I'd planned for a 19mm master.

On another note, did you use a powerbleeder of some sort or did you use the old fashioned "pump the pedal, crack the bleed screw" method?

Comment

Wow- well, with the 17 in back, then you MIGHT have needed the bias valve.

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Success. All is well. Since the only thing that changed between now and before was the MC, I think there mightve been air trapped in the 19/19. I did the simplest pedal pushing bleed without a spotter, until I didnt see any bubbles in the clear tube off the caliper. Im thinking the difference was bench bleeding the MC prior to install.

Quick impression is that the pedal is very firm. I bet the 19/19 (if I had gotten it to work) wouldve been the best feel. I might still switch back, but for now I have brakes :)

Shadetree30

Comment

Switch back yet??? :p I wanna know what the feel's like with the 19mm before I do my delete.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                          Switch back yet??? [emoji14] I wanna know what the feel's like with the 19mm before I do my delete.
                          Nope, but I found an oem bmw 20/20 ate MC and its on my bench. Planning to swap that in tonight and see how it feels. After doing som spirited driving with the 22/22 its not so bad, just requires a bit of force. Kinda hard to heal toe. Also got ABS working and it feels great.

Shadetree30

Comment

I think a 19mm would be about right for a street car. For a track car, it's a little squishy.
                            sigpic

Comment

What application is the 20/20 and is it aluminum or cast iron?

Comment

Originally posted by e30_302 View Post
                                I think a 19mm would be about right for a street car. For a track car, it's a little squishy.
                                I'm hoping the 20/20 proves to be a nice middle ground between the 19 and 22. I just want a little bit more pedal travel and a little less effort than I have now. I bet the 22 would be better for a bigger guy, I'm only 135 lbs lol.

Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X