Muffler Delete/New Muffler Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler Delete/New Muffler Options

Hey guys, so I cut my muffler off because it was rusted out and such. I welded new pipes on to where they come out from under the car like the muffler, same size as they were and have been running this for a couple months but the drone has got pretty old. I have seen where some guys go to a Y-pipe to a new muffler, but if I wanted to keep the dual in dual out with my factory size pipes, what are my options?
    Thanks,
    Jake

why can't you just go to rock auto and buy an oem muffler for 140 bucks?
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Drill holes in those pipes you added, make up end plates, make up a box or oval sheet, weld them together and you have a stock muffler. Or just buy one used.

Comment

Thabks for the reponses buy I was looking for something with a little more rumble than stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake325is View Post
          Thabks for the reponses buy I was looking for something with a little more rumble than stock.
          Oh, what you need is an M30 swap.

Comment

Hey, I've grown really fond of my stainless steel Ireland Engineering replica cat back from eBay. They've gone up in price a bit, but its a beautiful and durable unit.

Not sure how the sound compares to a new stock muffler since I've never heard one in all honesty-- mine was rusted and really loud, and all my local e30 buds have super loud custom setups-- however, the sound is very refined and deep. Obviously it's impossible to put sound in writing, but this unit is much quieter than my rusted to shit old unit (basically a straight pipe at that point) and also quieter than a Magnaflow/Billy boat/ super Sprint (these are the only setups I've heard in person).

If I had to guess, this is probably just a bit louder than a stock muffler... But it also mounts up like a stock muffler, was easy to install, was cheap, and looks really nice under the car.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              Oh, what you need is an M30 swap.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
              X