Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Canadian 4 door 5 speed iX - One of few or many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All e30s contain the wiring for heated seats. That's the only option my 88 didn't have. 2 door manual.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      All e30s contain the wiring for heated seats. That's the only option my 88 didn't have. 2 door manual.
      I've owned several e30's that did not have the wiring at all for heated seats. Very interesting that your ix didn't have the option though. Maybe things were different up here in Canada.

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't under the carpet?
        AWD > RWD

Comment

100%. I pulled the carpets and foam out of the cars. One was an 84 325e and the other an 85 318

Comment

My car may or may not have the wiring for heated seats, but there's no provision for switches in the console.

Comment

All '88 canadian ix's were 4 doors. They were only 2 doors in the US.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                My 88ix is a 2 door 5sp and fully loaded with everything....and now it has plastic bumpers:)
                jm

Mine too!!!
                Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

I have a 5 speed 4 door ix here in Ontario
                  Came with heated sport seats, power sunroof, premium sound, 13 button, ellipsoids.

Comment

I came across an article years ago (unfortunately I didn't save it) that talked about how the rental companies in Canada bought a bunch of ix's for people to drive to the ski resorts. I believe they were all white and of course in 1988 the ix was a 4 door in Canada. It sounded like they bought a couple hundred of them.. I wonder if anyone here has one.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

of my 3x 88 4dr sedans, 2 were black and one blue. All were 5spd heated seats with sunroof and ski bags. A large number of the '89s here in ontario were white though, but all the original 89s I've seen have been autos and 4dr
                      88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - TOURING - waiting...
                      89 325 IX AlpinWeiß - Gone
                      88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - Parted
                      89 325 IX RoyalBlau - Parted
                      88 325 IX RoyalBlau - Gone
                      88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - Parted

Comment

1988 Canadian 4 door 5 speed iX - One of few or many?

I recently installed heated seats to my '88 iX. The wiring 61121381721 from the switches to the accessory connector is NLA, but I found a set on ebay. The rest of the switches etc were still available. From the accessory connection point (lower left inside firewall) the wiring is already in the car and leads to the Fuse Box Fuse #16.

Comment

Working...
                        X