Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M42 motor mounts

Hi Guys,

I looked at realoem and the e30 and e36 m42 have different part numbers for their motor mounts. Anyone know if there are any actual differences? The reason I'm asking is I ordered a poly mount from and they failed to send me the correct part twice now.

The first time they sent me a 95A for an E36 but I ordered a 80A for E30. They said they'll send me the correct one. I picked up my package today and it is an 80A mount but the mount itself has the E36 product code stamped on it. Also the 80A mounts are missing the locating/alignment pin.

If the parts are interchangeable how important are the alignment pins? Honestly I'm sick of waiting for them to send me the right part, each time it takes about a week.

Thanks

Ivan

Can anyone confirm if the motor mounts for the e30 is centered on the bottom portion and offsetted at the top? Spoke with the company today and they said I just need to install the e36 mounts but upside down. My car is at the shop parking lot so I didn't have a chance to confirm yet.

Comment

Based on the pictures, it would seem that there is an offset between the top & bottom posts.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Better pictures and useful information: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=397815

There is an offset, seems the same between E30 and 36.

Comment

Great pics guys. Any downside or ill effects of grinding out the locating pin?

Comment

It might be possible for the mount to vibrate and rotate over time, causing a slight misalignment in the engine/tranny position. That would put extra stress on the flex disc, center support bearing and tranny mounts. It seems somewhat unlikely if you torque it down well.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I have e28 5 series green poly mounts, the locating tabs are grinded off since they aren't in the same spot I have no issues to report after lots of drifting and street driving.
              -Dee
              5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
              IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Nice what did you think of the noise/vibration?

Comment

If I'm remembering correctly mine were offset as well, haven't had any issues so far with them. Also, I don't remember them having a locating pin

My Daily Driven 318is

Comment

E30 m42 ARE offset and the tabs can be ground off. I am swapping an e36 m42 in to my e21 320i and I am using E30 mounts because they were on sale. Had to fabricate my own crossmember perches and I decided to keep the tabs to help locate future mounts. However I clocked them a bit differently than how the E30 designed em (it was a tight fit and the offset can make them fit or not depending how they are rotated) . No issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X