Speed sensor connector part number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed sensor connector part number?

I made the classic brain fart of dropping the diff in my E30 and forgetting to disconnect the speed sensor, so of course the wires broke. The connector is this 90-degree one:

It's kind of falling apart anyway, so I've found a replacement online for the housing. But I'm having a hard time finding something that identifies the individual elbow connectors, i.e.the two that are shown here:

Does anyone have a BMW part number for these? I think it might be 61131382246 or 61130007446, but it depends on the diameter of the pins, and I don't trust myself to identify the pin size accurately. I could also just find something close at Radio Shack, but I'd rather have the real thing.
    Dave
    '91 325iX

I have couple pigtail laying around. Let me know if you're interested.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

I bought those connectors. Will see if I can dig up the PNs
      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
      Alice the Time Capsule
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

There are 2 different connectors- I think it changed right about when the bumpers went plastic.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Pretty sure it's #3

comes with a green pigtail wire - same ones used for the fog lights BTW.

I need to check mine again, my speedo works about 75% of the time, lol.

edit: yep
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            Pretty sure it's #3

comes with a green pigtail wire - same ones used for the fog lights BTW.

I need to check mine again, my speedo works about 75% of the time, lol.

edit: yep
            https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/61130007445/
            Yup, htat's the one, but it comes in two different sizes. One is 0.5-1.0mm, and the other is 1.0-2.5mm. I wasn't sure which size I needed, but a moment with the calipers tells me I need the larger size, which I've ordered. Thanks for the help, evreyone.
            Dave
            '91 325iX

Comment

The smaller one is fine - its wire size in square millimeters. Its not a high power signal - but the bigger wires will work too. The pins are the same size.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                The smaller one is fine - its wire size in square millimeters. Its not a high power signal - but the bigger wires will work too. The pins are the same size.
                Doh! I should have realized that. I guess I'm too used to referring to wires by gauges instead of square millimeters. :)
                Dave
                '91 325iX

Comment

Plug number

but Plug housing number is? I can't find 2 pin and 90" degree black plug in catalog:(,
                  that looks like same the headlight plug, but just guess, cannot confirm, how did you solved it? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by blueray0512 View Post
                    but Plug housing number is? I can't find 2 pin and 90" degree black plug in catalog:(,
                    that looks like same the headlight plug, but just guess, cannot confirm, how did you solved it? Thanks!
                    Check RealOEM.com. It looks like part #61131378418 might be what you're looking for.

Dave
                    Dave
                    '91 325iX

Comment

Working...
                    X