No announcement yet.

89 325is | Alpine White | 5-Lug, S52 etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with 4340 on mine. I still haven't converted our racecar over to my spindles yet from the NASIEG/Elcoy parts that are on it, so the parts I designed are still sitting on a shelf
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

My kit was designed for OEM brake upgrade...
      5 lug just bonus ;)

Here front with e46m3 brake...

And max. OEM brake upgrade setup for my kit are
      - front = e46m3 CSL rotors(345x28mm) & e46m3 calipers
      - rear = e92 335i rotors (336x22mm) & e46 330i calipers
      Last edited by ngampleh; 07-23-2017, 09:24 PM.
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      Transaction Feedback

Comment

July Autocross! Got some great pictures from the photographers

The cars main weak point is putting down power and general grip.
        Plan is direzza ZII star spec and a differential build, thinking 3 clutch 3.23 ratio.
        Last edited by HertE30; 08-04-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Updated the first post with all the mods I remember off the top of my head

Comment

Also have been doing some quick brake bias calculations. If you look around for equations there's a lot of pages like this:

Since brake bias is a ratio almost all of the math these guys are doing gets canceled out so here's the simplified version of the equation from that thread if anyone wants it

Tf = (Dpiston^2)*(Reff) / (Dmaster^2)
            Tr = (Dpiston^2)*(Reff) / (Dmaster^2)

Reff = Rotor radius - half the pad width (about 60mm front and 45mm rear for a lot of BMWs)

Front bias = Tf/(Tf+Tr)
            Rear bias = 1-Front bias

Comment

Originally posted by HertE30 View Post
              I think I've written a bit about different kits in this threads but I want to make a summary post.

So the 5 lug conversion options for E30 are either E30 M3, combination of E36 stuff, or hub adapters.

All hub adapters on the market today have similar issues.
              Every hub adapter kit adds something like 12-14mm of offset. This isnt really an issue as its not to hard to find higher offset wheels to fit, but some of the fan favorite wheels are lower offset 5 lug.
              The reason for this is they all use E36/E46 rotors which have a width (wheel mounting face to back of rotor) of about 52mm. E30 rotor width is 35mm.

So most of the apater sleeves just have the extra width at the base and push the ABS ring out of the range of the sensor. Namely:
              ngampleh's ETA adapters
              Max399 adapters

nasieg adapters adapters have some of the extra width in a spacer that goes behind the rotor so ABS works.
              same design as elcoy if he still sells them

My goal is to make low offset adding adapter (E30 M3 width basically) so I can run 225/45 on an E38 Style 5.

The only 5x120 rotor with a lower width is the E30 M3 rotor which has a 40mm width. (seems like E30 M3 suspension is about 5mm more width per side) This rotor isnt that much of a size upgrade if you're going through the whole 5 lug process.

So I'm gonna need to redrill a rotor from another brand to 5x120. Should be fun.
              If you get anywhere with this, please let me know!

I'd like to run 5 lug with E38 brembos on the front.

Re-drilling disks is easy, as it's not alignment critical, they are just clearance holes. The disks and centred on the hub and making concentric rings to centre the disk on the hub is trivial, either laser cut or on a lathe.
              These spigot rings are used to centralise the front discs when upgrading to the larger 288mm or 308mm discs and calipers. 288/308mm BRAKE CONVERSION SPIGOT RINGS. They have been designed to fit the conversion hubs that are used when swapping a Z20LET/Z20LEH/C20LET into corsas, nova's etc.

I found these, but again, E46 disk and higher offset.

As an aside, were those adaptors from creations aluminium?

Comment

Originally posted by alistairolsen View Post
                If you get anywhere with this, please let me know!
                Progress will resume in 2 weeks when I finish my finals! Full suspension revamping with ground control coils and custom 5 lug coming up

Comment

0o0o0o custom 5 lug. looking forward to that. Devising something myself as well but very low tier stuff.
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

any updates to these ?

Comment

Rear Progress
                      Rear subframe out

"New" rear trailing arms ready to go.
                      New FAG bearings, new Z4 hubs, adapter for E46 325 caliper, and wheel studs

Condor trailing arm bushings look pretty good, was a little concerned the aluminum sleeve would be more beat up and I'll be switching these into my other trailing arms.

Front Progress
                      Got some Mercedes 500E front rotors sized 300x28 with a height of 45mm. Going to be using E36 M3 calipers. 60mm front pistons paired with 40mm rear pistons will provide nice balance, especially with E46 M3 master cylinder and ABS which I'll hopefully do later.

Brought center bore out to 79mm on the lathe.

Next need to drill the bolt pattern out.

Bonus pic of my wagon

Comment

what adapter did you end up using at the front ?

Comment

Originally posted by JOMARO View Post
                          what adapter did you end up using at the front ?
                          Making my own. Still need to finalize design after I check the clearance between the rotor and the tie rod/control arm.

Focus is now on building the differential.

Have a 3.25 ring and pinion swap, 3 clutch kit from Thayer, and all new bearings

Comment

Working...
                          X