What about e36 ti hubs?
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
      c.1500 :D
      No, 500...

Quick update... I ordered E46 hubs as the e28 ones are like 4 times the price, and they need to be shipped over from Germany...

Will fetch at the end of the week, and drop them off at the engineering shop on tues.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
        you mean E30M3 hubs right?
        Yea. I work at an independent BMW/Volvo shop and I was able to get the hubs for like 298 or something. I know it was almost 300.
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
          WRONG!!!
          E36 rear hubs do not fit in the E30 TA's without some special bearing to take up the difference in size. I looked at it when we were doing a set of wheel bearings on an E36 and the E36 hub, without the use of a specially sized bearing, will not physically fit in the E30.
          Easy way to do it: buy a set of rear hubs from the dealer for like 350 bucks and when you do the wheel bearings, just go a head and swap them in.

Then I may have a m3 hub. I was under the impression that it was a non m e36. My non m e30 axle fits in it.

You would just need different brakes (maybe redrilled stock ones????)

I see no way why a non m e36 hub would not work. The bearing part numbers are the same for a e30 e36 and e46 (rear wheel bearing).

Comment

E36 compact models ie TI will fit, most guys just swap the entire rear trailing arms....its faster and easier....plus u get a newer item on the car... i think some sensors need modding and thats it.

Id be interested to see how E46 hubs go....i know just about every E36 and E46 hub are the same... but the E28 was the closest match to the E30 M3,

this thread is exciting i love it!

lets see what we come up with!

sash
            Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

:D ... all done, anything is possible when u put ur mind to it :)

Comment

Sorry about the poor quality pictures.

Comment

If i had to sell the conversion it would cost around $700 for the front, and the rear you would have to buy from the dealer.

The conversion would consist of modified strut, and new hub, rear dust cover, and modified locking nut.

plus shipping...

the price would just to cover my costs, labour and shipping.

Comment

damn taht loosk nice man good job!
                    Dan Zickel
                    1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

Hmm, what parts did you use to assemble this front piece?
                      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

so you can put any 5x120 rotor on there? (in other words, e36 m brakes would work?)

Comment

I'm not sure if you could fit any 5x120 BMW rotor, i know that the guy that originally decided to do this was going to use an E28 rotor. I used an E46 rotor because it was cheaper but it's not as simple as making a sleeve as the bearing is wider, and a good quarter inch will not be supported if u just make a sleeve :)

Yes M brakes will work, but you would have the same problems as using a std E30 M3 hub on those brakes the disc offset is too great and will hit the tie rod (rack) end mount,

I'm using E46 M3 discs and the clearance is is about 3mm between the mount and the disc, so a back spacer will be need to clear the rack end itself... prob about a 6-8mm spacer.

Comment

700 for the front... call it 900 with some margin, I'm sure it could drop materially if you were to do a production run. The rear Z3 hubs work... I'd say M3 suspension can stay on M3s. As I had tried to signify a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X