M20 Long Tube Header GB Feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    No, you didn't trick anyone. I knew this was going to be a disaster from the beginning.

You said you were having a prototype made. Isn't it funny that your "prototype" is EXACTLY the same as the headers on ebay now? How can you sit there and say, with a straight face, that it isnt?

because it isnt....:roll:

all this argument is irrelevant.
    CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
    For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

Have you looked at the pictures on ebay? seriously?

It's totally relevant. Why don't you just admit it and move on to what your plan really was, improve the existing design? that wouldn't be so bad.

What did you design, exactly?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
        That said the e30 community has been waiting over 20 years for affordable well fitting headers for the m20. I figure you guys should be ok tolerating a few more months. you wont be disappointed.
        I am disappoint.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
          so far i havnt tricked anyone. What I am delivering is the same thing as I promised from the beginning. at first I assume its ignorance, but now I understand you just cant read.

There is no such thing as a China header. china does not produce anything. there are companies that sell things on there.

thats point one, hopefully you are still fallowing me.

while there are many different ways/methodologies behind header design, we went with a simple equal length design. We then made sure they were made to our specifications of thickness, and quality of metal.

That said buying things of "China" is a crapshoot - some things a successful others less so. In most cases i use ebay to find companies worth dealing with (F1 Clutch for instance) and then deal directly with them.

we are offering a header that will fit, will last, and will make power. they will come with hardware, and they will include a PDF that details how to install them with a minimum of headache. Exact same as ebay so it will crack

All that said - if you continue to claim they are just "China" headers you are simply ignorant, or stupid.

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
          1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
          1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

"Sometimes you eat the bar and...well, sometimes the bar eats you."
              Attached Files

Comment

I think I owe everyone a bit of an explanation. Anthony and I have been friends for quite some time and known each other even longer. when he brought me this idea I thought it was an excellent step forward. Everything I told you in this thread was told to me and I bought it. I was told a prototype was being made, to a specific standard, I was told it would not be a replica, but rather designed based on the original Stahl design. It would eventually have a single flange per cylinder group(1-3 & 4-6). I was told it would be T304 stainless, and that we would make it work on my car and then reproduce it overseas.

What I recieved was not what I expected, I still stand behind everything I said up to this point but in many ways I was let down, and by extension you were let down. Being a man of my word I did my best to bring you what I thought would be a new product. And there is a good chance that this product will in fact come to market, but it will not be through me. I will be returning everything I have collected for this and moving forward with my swap (anyone got a nice m50 for me?).

So my contribution to this thread is over, I am not sure when it will pop up again or under whose name, but i have been taken for a ride as much as you have. and for that I apologize.

Before I finish there are a few facts i would like to mention:

-the quality of the stainless is the same for production in the US and in China - a grade of metal is just that.
                -The quality of a Chinese craftsmen's welds are just as good as yours Peerless, sorry to burst your bubble.

In many ways I am as if not more disappointed then the rest of you. Hopefully the mods can see it fit to lock this thread, but thats kind of up to them. As always I wish everyone the best in their endeavours.

Thanks,
                Maksim

PS: I need to learn to weld at some point. Anyone wanna teach me?
                CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

^ i feel you. im probably swapping either way
                  ]

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                    I have a set of the bavauto headers on my blown m20. I think its hilarious too, that you are posting no less than THREE completely different designs in an attempt to back peddle your stahl replica claim. Sorry, fail. The only similarity between them is that they are all considered long tube headers.
                    Curious as to what you think of the Bav Auto headers?

Comment

nice...

if anyone wants to make a set of these i have the starts of a set in my garage, i dont want to bent tubes or dent my body.

(i did already plane the flanges down though so you could just install them how they are and they should seal)
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                        Curious as to what you think of the Bav Auto headers?
                        I liked them a lot, good header design and really opened up the top end. Very reasonably priced too at 800, with "test pipes" that bolt in place of your cat center section. Not flimsy thin tubes either, I've scraped my bottom tubes into the collecctor pretty flat, but they didn't compromise roundness. h&r race on a cabby, driving over ridges in pavement/driveways a stock e30 probably would hardly clear. Very happy with them, and the gains they gave. I eventually welded my test pipes to the headers since the weak u bolt exhaust clamps they provide weren't cutting it after I scraped them off on speed bumps, ymmv on that.

Comment

So get 'em to produce the style headers they sent you with the nice flanges and thicker tubing for $250-300ish. With as many people that blow money on the shitty flange/thin tube version something better for a little bit more would be just as popular.

Comment

ibtl

Comment

I love it. I was saying that it would be eBay crap since the first page on e30tech. If anybody chooses to buy this crap knowing that they could have bought eBay headers and white325is flanges and get them welded for less than you are offerring then they deserve to get burned.

I feel bad for the people with jacked up exhausts that were waiting on you to deliver a product that is a lie.

I know not everybody can afford nice headers, but you get what you pay for. I have done the crappy ones before and then decided to pay for a set of e30 m20 racing dynamics headers, got em coated and just need to install them.
                              sigpic
                              Gun control means using both hands
                              Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Working...
                              X