My new stock 91' AWII 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new stock 91' AWII 318is

So I picked this up from the rail yard today. It's basically a one owner 91 3182is which has not seem much use since about 2005. It has about 228K on the clock and is in pretty good shape. There are a few things to address but for the most part it's just regular maintenance.

The interior is pretty good. The seats could use some TLC, the door cards are doing that unlaminating thing along the "seams" at a few small points, and the shifter and wheel obviously have some wear. I'll address those this summer I'm sure. Other than that, the trim under the wheel is lose (which seems like a common problem) but I'm sure I'll address that too.

Sadly the car comes with the crappiest radio and a 6 button... the 6 button doesn't even work right

the engine is in good shape as well but obviously could use the usual stuff, chain tensioner, new gaskets, etc. Anyone know what causes this yellowing? I'd like to do something to get rid of that as it is so clean otherwise.

I also noticed a small pop or click when shifting from 5>4.. which I believe will a worn shifter cup (that's what the little plastic thing is called right?) I will likely do a Z3 short shift swap (unless you guys recommend something else) and replace it then.

The engine yellowing looks like the old cosmoline applied from the factory, maybe?

Is this the one that was in Ontario on Kijiji a few weeks back?
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
      The engine yellowing looks like the old cosmoline applied from the factory, maybe?

Is this the one that was in Ontario on Kijiji a few weeks back?
      Oh, ok. Know how I could remove it? And yeah, it was. I just had it shipped out to Alberta.

Comment

Nice find!
        Continuous For Sale Thread
        323i s50

Comment

Working...
        X