E28 535i Hub assembly swap to get 5 stud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28 535i Hub assembly swap to get 5 stud

Hey guys ive heard that some pl have been swapping the E28 535i hub assembly's to get 5 stud conversion on E30 M3's.
    There is a trick if u have ABS..ull need to swap the ABS Ring on on the E28 with the E30 as the teeth are different. These hub asemblys are identical to the E28 M5 as well! they are stronger and are now common replacement for E30 M3 racers.

Anyone tried this??? Apparently all u need is the E28 hubs front and rear and ur seT!!!!

Someone please have info for me! Im building up a word doco with all my findings just cut as pasted into it.

Id love to know if its workable!

Advantages...wheel selection.....Bigger rotors and caliper selection!!!! fantastic! and all OEM

Any one have more of an idea?
    Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

ohh geeze...just get the front struts from a e30 m3 and the rears from a 318ti...or don't do it at all
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I don't think you understand.

E28 and e30 M3 front hubs/wheel bearings are the exact same part. The only difference being the number of teeth on the ABS pulse wheel.

The only reason *some* e30 M3 guys use the e28 part and swap their own ABS ring on is because the e28 part can be consistantly found cheaper.

E28 and E30 M3 front spindles are MUCH larger then non-m e30, and it cannot be put on a non-m e30.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

i just used the e28 hub on my e30 m3 suspension. I already had an m3 hub with a shot wheel bearing. The abs rings are very different so I swapped those out as well. Everything is pressed on, I recommend paying someone to swap the parts around for you unless you have or have access to a hydraulic press. I used a press to change around all my parts and it still took a lot of time. Rear wheel bearings are the same for all e30 and e36's, but you'll need the rear hub. Can't imagine that part alone is too expensive

Dave

Comment

Makes me wonder if you could get away using the pulse rings from an E28 on all 4 corners...if the speed pulse is the same phase, why would the ABS compuker care?

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks for the response...

I dont think u all realise that finding E30M3 parts in Australia is like finding the easter bunny's shit! Im after an alternative,
            thanks i know the rear is well sorted out....its the front that i`m working on. i was just hoping to see if someone had done it on this forum....E28 parts are more readily available here.

Jordan u mentioned the spindles where different...do u mean stub axles???
            Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

Bump for this thread. Had an interesting discussion with a coupla chappies on a DTM Aus cruise on sunday and am interested in this whole E28 thang as E30 M3 parts in Australia are rarer than chickens with lips...
              Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

same as in NZ, have to go for E36 front. E28 stuff wont work in the front.

Comment

So uh, WHY wont E28 work in the front-end?
                  Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

as far as I understand it the hubs/bearings are the same part (aside from ABS ring) but the struts are different and wont work with E30 suspension.
                    Someone correct if I'm wrong please

Comment

Australasians, talk to E30_323ti on bimmersport.co.nz, he has converted his rear to E28, and his front to E36, he knows all on these matters.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Shanks Ray! Will do, vindaloo...
                        Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

so whats the call? will e28 parts work out back?

Comment

e28 parts will work, but like 1990m3 said, lots of work. youre going to have to pay for the wheel bearings to be pressed in, etc. which costs ~$200.
                            173rd ABN

Comment

to bump this up!
                              O.K. I am following on using the bearings and wheel hub from an E28! great, but what the heck are you going to do for brakes then???? do E28 brakes fit?? what is the et then?
                              i imagine it wont work, otherwise everyone here in germany would have done it.
                              what do you all think???

Comment

Working...
                              X